Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

My laptop (Asus VivoBook S400CA) used to be my main computer until I got my new rig (specs in signature), and now it's just turned into a pretty much school computer. And with that, it's shifted my perspective on my laptop (pretty much functionality-wise). And with that, sleeping my laptop became a lot more important than it used to on OSX Yosemite, since sleep is broken right now on it, and I have to power it off each time I need to put it in my backpack, which is a pain. I'm willing to sacrifice some functionality out of my laptop to be able to put it into sleep (for now)...

I had GenericUSBXHCI installed, so I started by removing that and the -gux_defer_usb2 flag that I used to get USB3 on my laptop. Rebuilt caches, restarted a couple times, and put it to sleep. Woke up immediately with reason "Wake Reason: XHC EHC2"

Now I try disabling XHCI controller in BIOS. Only the EHCI controller is detected, and I put it to sleep, and a similar message comes up: "Wake Reason: XHC XHC1 EHC2" when looking up wake reason in system.log

And then I tried disabling "Legacy USB controller" in BIOS, assuming that's EHCI, and I still get the same wake reason "XHC XHC1 EHC2"...

Can anybody help me with this? :think:

I'm looking at you RHM... hehe

Cheers!

-Duncan

Hi all,

My laptop (Asus VivoBook S400CA) used to be my main computer until I got my new rig (specs in signature), and now it's just turned into a pretty much school computer. And with that, it's shifted my perspective on my laptop (pretty much functionality-wise). And with that, sleeping my laptop became a lot more important than it used to on OSX Yosemite, since sleep is broken right now on it, and I have to power it off each time I need to put it in my backpack, which is a pain. I'm willing to sacrifice some functionality out of my laptop to be able to put it into sleep (for now)...

I had GenericUSBXHCI installed, so I started by removing that and the -gux_defer_usb2 flag that I used to get USB3 on my laptop. Rebuilt caches, restarted a couple times, and put it to sleep. Woke up immediately with reason "Wake Reason: XHC EHC2"

Now I try disabling XHCI controller in BIOS. Only the EHCI controller is detected, and I put it to sleep, and a similar message comes up: "Wake Reason: XHC XHC1 EHC2" when looking up wake reason in system.log

And then I tried disabling "Legacy USB controller" in BIOS, assuming that's EHCI, and I still get the same wake reason "XHC XHC1 EHC2"...

Can anybody help me with this? :think:

I'm looking at you RHM... hehe

Cheers!

-Duncan

_PRW patch should help with instant wake.

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Then how to fix instant sleep/wake issue? Hmmmmm:think:

Maybe USB is causing instant wake. Did you remove _PRW for the USB/LAN/etc?

It is covered in the ACPI patching guide.

Maybe USB is causing instant wake. Did you remove _PRW for the USB/LAN/etc?

It is covered in the ACPI patching guide.

Removed _PRW method from XHC1, and when it woke from sleep / instant wake, the reason was: "XHC EHC2". So that led me to remove the _PRW in EHC2 and it still says when it wakes: "XHC EHC2" :think::think:
Should I just remove all _PRW methods relating to USB?

Alright, I fixed it...

I just tried removing _PRW methods from USB, XHC, EHC2, EHC1, and finally HDEF before it went to sleep successfully ... Now it won't wake haha time to fix :p

I think I fixed sleep! Just applied USB remove _PRW (0x0D) patch in laptop patches! Thanks! :thumbup:

Alright, I fixed it...

I just tried removing _PRW methods from USB, XHC, EHC2, EHC1, and finally HDEF before it went to sleep successfully ... Now it won't wake haha time to fix :p

Yes... also a patch for that in my repo...

The trick is removing _PRW for all devices that return the same GPE index.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back