Contribute
Register

Asus vivobook s300c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i have made it sleep and wake a few more times ,. restarted and is still working!! i forgot to mention that when i disabled all clover dsdt fixes removed the genericxhci kext too, and yes usb 3 is still disabled
now that i have sleep working i realized it would be neat to have battery status working to see how things are going, for it i suppose i have to deal with the dsdt battery patch that is compatible with asus vivobook series and correct the errors but that seems kinda hard
really apreciate your help Rehabman!!!, you made me think and learn some new stuff, when i manage to solve the battery and hdmi audio i will do a guide.
Cheers!

Well i have made it sleep and wake a few more times ,. restarted and is still working!! i forgot to mention that when i disabled all clover dsdt fixes removed the genericxhci kext too, and yes usb 3 is still disabled
now that i have sleep working i realized it would be neat to have battery status working to see how things are going, for it i suppose i have to deal with the dsdt battery patch that is compatible with asus vivobook series and correct the errors but that seems kinda hard
really apreciate your help Rehabman!!!, you made me think and learn some new stuff, when i manage to solve the battery and hdmi audio i will do a guide.
Cheers!

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/

Your ASUS should be easy as there is already a patch for it...

already tried the available patch for patching asus vivobook battery and it gives me 15 errors that are not easy to fix : ( , i posted it in a picture in this same thread before in post 13

already tried the available patch for patching asus vivobook battery and it gives me 15 errors that are not easy to fix : ( , i posted it in a picture in this same thread before in post 13

No errors with the "ASUS N55SL/VivoBook" patch when applied to the DSDT you provided in post #1.

It is the correct patch.

that is really strange, i followed the procedure of the guides as good as i could, i must have a wrong patch or something, did you aplied it to the disassembled version of the dsdt? i did it that way

that is really strange, i followed the procedure of the guides as good as i could, i must have a wrong patch or something, did you aplied it to the disassembled version of the dsdt? i did it that way

I applied it to the file you provided in post #1. The DSDT.aml there disassembles perfectly (without errors) using my version of MaciASL (linked from the ACPI patching guide).

tried it , applyed it to the .aml file of my dsdt and no errors, i was applying it to the .dsl and gave me 15 errors, ,, the battery status is working perfect, but with one problem back to wake on sleep problems

can you recommend me some patches? i have read the guide a couple of times and i got to admit there is some things i dont know how to do, but read that some of the common patches may help solve the issue, before i tried almost all of it with no success, and i tried to rrevert my dsdt to to the one without the battery patch to see if sleep worked like before and i didnt had that luck : ( , back to instant wake all the time

can you recommend me some patches? i have read the guide a couple of times and i got to admit there is some things i dont know how to do, but read that some of the common patches may help solve the issue, before i tried almost all of it with no success, and i tried to rrevert my dsdt to to the one without the battery patch to see if sleep worked like before and i didnt had that luck : ( , back to instant wake all the time

Instant wake is solved by using the correct USB _PRW patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back