Contribute
Register

ASUS Vivobook S200 / X202

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS Vivobook S200 / X202 (Is it good?)

guys i am so thankful for all the confirmation and tips. do we have a list of atheros models and other brand models that will work with OSX. the specific wifi card harry used is hard to find in the philippines. :) please advise. thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply! Just found out about the 7mm ssd. I'll have to pick one up. I'm having some issues booting into unibeast. It starts up and loads some lines, then just restarts. I was installing it on an 8gb sd card with a reader, but I'm going to try again with another flash drive. Unibeast was just updated, and I am using 10.8.2. Any ideas what it might be? Thanks appreciate it!

I also sometimes get RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)

Thanks Harry. If I understood you correctly, I have to add cpus=1 busratio=18 npci=0x2000 -x to config.plist. So my config.plist would be something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>cpus=1 busratio=18 npci=0x2000 -x -v slide=0 darkwake=0 WithKexts</string>

I tried making the changes you said but its still a no go. Now im getting

Mac framework successfully initialized
Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Then it restarts. Any help would be great. Thanks!

I think I have the exact same model as you. I purchased it from staples.com S200E-RHI3T73. My bios was already at 206 though.
I did make unibeast with laptop support. Unibeast was just updated though and im using 10.8.2.
Just tried <string>-v npci=0x2000 slide=0 darkwake=0 WithKexts</string> and im back to RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)
The blue port is the usb 3.0 right?
I can't even get the unibeast to boot to the install screen without the cloverusb, so maybe somethings wrong with unibeast 1.7
Thanks for all the help man, I really appreciate it.

You could buy it on ebay, many sellers do ship worldwide. ie: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atheros-AR5...US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item27c7c80633
There are other wifi cards do work, you could google it. But I think this is one rare half mini combo cards that has both wifi and bluetooth and compatible with OS X.
My laptop doesn't have bluetooth (no antenna), so I couldn't test it though, but I believe there is knext for it.

I found the kext for BT. I wonder since we replaced the card, cam we retrofit an antenna for BT in there too?

Decided to install using unibeast with a different machine. Installed it fine, had a little trouble booting the asus, but did get in a couple of times, started to follow some of your other directions but my laptop would suddenly reset at times then finally it stopped booting into osx. Tried reinstalling using unibeast, still having a lot of boot problems.

Thanks for the help. I finally got it working by reading earlier posts...
Thanks mystica555!

What finally worked: Turn of XHCI mode in BIOS!

Advanced > USB Configuration > XHCI Pre-Boot Mode [Disabled]

Try this! :thumbup:

Reading its fundamental....
Now im trying to figure out a couple things. The trackpad is killing me without the two finger scroll and I lose sound after my system sleeps. Besides that everything is pretty good.

guys:
proud owners may want to upload in youtube a fully working ASUS S200E/X202E hackintosh to spread the word? =D

Tried to installed ML on an external HDD with working HD4000 today. Thanks mccoy88f for sharing CloverFlashUSB. Willing try the rest if kext available (I am newbie to Hackintosh anyway)...

Attachments

• IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,132
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back