Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
a good one
CPU
a bad one
Graphics
hahaha im sad
Hey Guys im kinda new here and need your help. I just finished installing my second hackintosh on an i5 based Asus Notebook .
everything works fine. except audio ....
it should be conexant 8050 audio codec, but im not really sure(most Asus notebooks with similar specs use it)...

I tried so many different kexts and every device numbers in clover editior
but I just can't get it to work properly

maybe one of you has some advice for me
I really do not wanna give up after I spend so many hours fixing the battery indicator

sorry for my horrible English im from Europe

Hey Guys im kinda new here and need your help. I just finished installing my second hackintosh on an i5 based Asus Notebook .
it should be conexant 8050 audio codec, but im not really sure(most Asus notebooks with similar specs use it)...

I really do not wanna give up after I spend so many hours fixing the battery indicator

please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Hi and welcome to the forum!

As to your question, you are in luck - the Conexant 8050 is actually supported by the AppleALC.kext.
> https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs
Make sure AppleALC.kext is enabled in your EFI. You need to use either an audio ID of 3 or 13. Under Opencore use alcid=3 or alcid=13 under the NVRAM boot-args and under Clover enter the number under the Audio ID section.

Hey first of all thank you for your fast response,I already tried this , and sadly it did not work for me :( I have to do some more research on the Laptops audio codec Maybe even call Asus and ask about specs... im gonna update clover to a new version next .. all my other kexts are on the newest version ..

On my last install I had issues with an old clover version maybe its just something like that again

Hey first of all thank you for your fast response,I already tried this , and sadly it did not work for me :( I have to do some more research on the Laptops audio codec Maybe even call Asus and ask about specs... im gonna update clover to a new version next .. all my other kexts are on the newest version ..

On my last install I had issues with an old clover version maybe its just something like that again
hardware profile is not filled out, also no problem reporting files.....

I'm curious to know what gen and model your Core i5 is and what's the exact model name for your laptop, because I can't seem to find anything on it online (for Vivobook R573U). The only source of info I could find was from asus.com but even then it was rather vague. There are M570 and X571 in the listings, but no R573U.

If you have the MyAsus app in Windows you could probably use it to tell you more about the actual specs of the system. Also try to fill in the details for your profile build signature. That will help us to diagnose issues a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back