Contribute
Register

Asus UX51VZA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the kext wizard to work and was able to get my audio output working. I will try installing the ELAN kext later. I installed CLOVER, rebooted and was greeted with a "insert proper boot device..." error. Any tutorials on installing CLOVER that you can point me to? Thanks!

For using Clover, I suggest you read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html. Filter appropriately as some information is HP ProBook specific (omit HPFanReset.efi, most of the stuff in the ProBook Installer, for example).

Okay. I will try that later. I have run into an interesting predicament. Yesterday, before I broke my newly installed system by trying to set up FileVault, I was able to get my ALC663 audio working. Today, I installed the same drivers on my new system, but now I get no sound. Where can I check to see what is going wrong? Is there any system log I can look in? Also, if I want wifi on my laptop, would it be in my best interest to purchase a Broadcom card? Thanks!

Okay. I will try that later. I have run into an interesting predicament. Yesterday, before I broke my newly installed system by trying to set up FileVault, I was able to get my ALC663 audio working. Today, I installed the same drivers on my new system, but now I get no sound. Where can I check to see what is going wrong? Is there any system log I can look in? Also, if I want wifi on my laptop, would it be in my best interest to purchase a Broadcom card? Thanks!

Check that you have accomplished all tasks related to audio.

Thank you all for your help:D
Also I deleted Intel HD kexts from the unibeast installer USB and entered the nv_disable=1 flag and bazinga it works!! Thanks all!!

Also I deleted Intel HD kexts from the unibeast installer USB and entered the nv_disable=1 flag and bazinga it works!! Thanks all!!

Hello Lloydian, Duncan and RehabMan,

I see that you were able to get OSX working on a UX51VZ. I have the same laptop and want to run OSX and I tried following what you guys were discussing but no luck yet. I wanted to know if you were able to get everything working properly or if you have to replace any parts in the computer? If you are able to get everything working on fresh installs, would you mind writing a small guide for the UX51VZA? I would appreciate any and all help.

Were you able to get the following working?
-Wifi,
-Ethernet
-Sound
-Intel Video or Nvidia?

Thank You in advance,

RB

Hello Lloydian, Duncan and RehabMan,

I see that you were able to get OSX working on a UX51VZ. I have the same laptop and want to run OSX and I tried following what you guys were discussing but no luck yet. I wanted to know if you were able to get everything working properly or if you have to replace any parts in the computer? If you are able to get everything working on fresh installs, would you mind writing a small guide for the UX51VZA? I would appreciate any and all help.

Were you able to get the following working?
-Wifi,
-Ethernet
-Sound
-Intel Video or Nvidia?

Thank You in advance,

RB

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thank you for the quick response, I will give that a try.

Thank You, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back