Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390
CPU
Intel I9 9900K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon Vega 64 8GB Nitro +
I have a Asus UX480F with intel i7-8565U and intel uhd graphics 620. I found an EFI folder on here that someone had made with a similar laptop, using this i was able to get Catalina 10.15.3 installed with full graphics acceleration, however I am unable to use the trackpad or touchscreen. I believe this should be possible with voodooi2c with some dsdt patching. When I attempted to patch my dsdt using iasl on terminal i kept getting an error saying iasl is not a recognised command. I have included the EFI folder in hopes someone can help me. The files in the origin folder in acpi are the files obtained from pressing f4 on clover on my laptop. any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.8 MB · Views: 96
I have a Asus UX480F with intel i7-8565U and intel uhd graphics 620. I found an EFI folder on here that someone had made with a similar laptop, using this i was able to get Catalina 10.15.3 installed with full graphics acceleration, however I am unable to use the trackpad or touchscreen. I believe this should be possible with voodooi2c with some dsdt patching. When I attempted to patch my dsdt using iasl on terminal i kept getting an error saying iasl is not a recognised command. I have included the EFI folder in hopes someone can help me. The files in the origin folder in acpi are the files obtained from pressing f4 on clover on my laptop. any help is much appreciated.
you need to copy iasl to /usr/local/bin with Catalina:

I have followed the guide and it is still giving me the same error :(
you need to copy iasl to /usr/local/bin with Catalina:

I have followed the guide and it is still giving me the same error :(
means you haven't copied the file if you are getting the same error

means you haven't copied the file if you are getting the same error
I am at a loss as of now. I would like help getting the trackpad and touch screen working at the bare minimum, is it too much to ask if you could possibly patch the files for me?

I am at a loss as of now. I would like help getting the trackpad and touch screen working at the bare minimum, is it too much to ask if you could possibly patch the files for me?
not really, it is something you have to do in front of your machine

once you copy the iasl in /usr/local/bin, you can then decompile your DSDT & SSDT's

not really, it is something you have to do in front of your machine

once you copy the iasl in /usr/local/bin, you can then decompile your DSDT & SSDT's
I have managed to decompile them on another machine but am at a loss as to what patches i need to apply.

I have managed to decompile them on another machine but am at a loss as to what patches i need to apply.
VoodooI2C.kext requires a satellite kext as well

also remove the DSDT from clover/kexts/other as i am assuming that is from another laptop?

then best to read the installation:

VoodooI2C.kext requires a satellite kext as well

also remove the DSDT from clover/kexts/other as i am assuming that is from another laptop?

then best to read the installation:
Ive tried with the voodooI2C HID satellite kext and still no responce from the trackpad or touchscreen. As for the DSDT in clover/kexts/other I cannot see any file that resembles a DSDT in there

Ive tried with the voodooI2C HID satellite kext and still no responce from the trackpad or touchscreen. As for the DSDT in clover/kexts/other I cannot see any file that resembles a DSDT in there
sorry, from acpi/patched folder

then create your own DSDT to patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back