Contribute
Register

Asus - UX430UA - Kaby Lake i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
My touch pad is not smooth and get lag alot
2 and 3 fingers works but very hard to use be cause not smooth
Yeah! My touchpad's performance is not good too! If I move my finger with short distance, cursor on screen doesn't move!

My laptop does not save Screen Brightness and Keyboard Backlight Brightness after restart! Help me!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 115
My laptop does not save Screen Brightness and Keyboard Backlight Brightness after restart! Help me!

For backlight control restore, it uses NVRAM.
Your NVRAM configuration looks wrong.
You should use AptioMemoryFix.efi in drivers64UEFI instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi requires EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC scripts for NVRAM, where AptioMemoryFix does not).

For backlight control restore, it uses NVRAM.
Your NVRAM configuration looks wrong.
You should use AptioMemoryFix.efi in drivers64UEFI instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi requires EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC scripts for NVRAM, where AptioMemoryFix does not).
My Screen Brightness is saved but Keyboard Backlight does not save state! How to fix this? Btw, my Sensor does not work too! I use this patch!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 114
  • ALS Patch (Haswell).txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 138
Hey @gulios, I have the exact same UX430UA model as you, and I'm having a nightmare trying to get the trackpad to work, or even just be detected by MacOS.

I install the correct kexts (same 2 as you), in the exact same place as you, patch the DSDT as instructed in the VoodooI2C guide, do the pinning as required, but the trackpack just isn't detected. Is there something special you did to get it to work?

Attachments

• debug_9667.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 102
Hey @gulios

I tried forever to get your guide to work for my trackpad, but in the end I realised despite having the exact same model laptop as you, the Asus UX430UA, mine has an Elan 1300 not an Elan 1200, which was causing all kinds of problems!

everything works almost perfectly, but when i updated security updates from App Stores. it restarted and caused KP. it says something about voodooi2c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back