Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I have installed Mavericks 10.9.2 on my system nice and running smooth, just only my Touchpad is not working (does completely nothing).

When I choose Trackpad from Settings it says: "No Trackpad Found"

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext installed and my internal keyboard is working fine.

Just wonder why this is only the problem when I boot directly (with Chimera 2.2) from my Mavericks disk? When I boot from UniBeast Installation USB Everything works ok. Keyboard and Touchpad, no need to touch anything to make it work.

Thanx for any advice, have good day everybody...

Willy

Hi, I have installed Mavericks 10.9.2 on my system nice and running smooth, just only my Touchpad is not working (does completely nothing).

When I choose Trackpad from Settings it says: "No Trackpad Found"

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext installed and my internal keyboard is working fine.

Just wonder why this is only the problem when I boot directly (with Chimera 2.2) from my Mavericks disk? When I boot from UniBeast Installation USB Everything works ok. Keyboard and Touchpad, no need to touch anything to make it work.

Thanx for any advice, have good day everybody...

Willy

What trackpad is in your laptop?

What trackpad is in your laptop?

Hi, it's quite hard to say, trying to figure out exatcly. Most probaby it's Elan "Smart Pad".
http://www.emc.com.tw/eng/tpn_sp_fun.asp

Windows Driver Description says "ASUS Touchpad".

Hardware IDs:
ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_0105
ACPI\ETD0105
*ETD0105

I found also Compatible IDs:
*SYN0A00
*SYN0002
*PNP0F03
*PNP0F13
*PNP0F12

I'm not sure if this information is helpfull, but that's all I found while googling for OSX driver...

Just to make it clear...

Both Touchpad and Keyboard were working before, when I boot form UniBeast installation USB my Mavericks disk with -x flag in Safe Mode. Both also works when booting Unibeast installation USB for new installation, that's all good.

After clear installation when booting directly from Mavericks disk using Chimera 2.2 Boot Loader, have NO Internal (PS2) Touchpad and NO Keyboard, only USB or Bluetooth mouse works.

I used MultiBeast Mavericks 6.2.1 and from Drivers - Misc section installed non-USB PS2 Mouse and Keyboard support (AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext). After it, I have Keyboard Working. But NO Internal Touchpad any more, even with boot from UniBeast USB with -x flag.

That's strange to me, that UniBeast USB can handle my Laptop's Keyboard and Touchpad easy just by it self and final installation with Chimera 2.2 boot loader cannot make it work. I just think there must be an easy solution and trying to find out.

Hi, it's quite hard to say, trying to figure out exatcly. Most probaby it's Elan "Smart Pad".
http://www.emc.com.tw/eng/tpn_sp_fun.asp

Windows Driver Description says "ASUS Touchpad".

Hardware IDs:
ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_0105
ACPI\ETD0105
*ETD0105

I found also Compatible IDs:
*SYN0A00
*SYN0002
*PNP0F03
*PNP0F13
*PNP0F12

I'm not sure if this information is helpfull, but that's all I found while googling for OSX driver...

Sounds like it is Elan. Use google to find drivers for the Elan touchpad.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to make it clear...

Both Touchpad and Keyboard were working before, when I boot form UniBeast installation USB my Mavericks disk with -x flag in Safe Mode. Both also works when booting Unibeast installation USB for new installation, that's all good.

After clear installation when booting directly from Mavericks disk using Chimera 2.2 Boot Loader, have NO Internal (PS2) Touchpad and NO Keyboard, only USB or Bluetooth mouse works.

I used MultiBeast Mavericks 6.2.1 and from Drivers - Misc section installed non-USB PS2 Mouse and Keyboard support (AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext). After it, I have Keyboard Working. But NO Internal Touchpad any more, even with boot from UniBeast USB with -x flag.

That's strange to me, that UniBeast USB can handle my Laptop's Keyboard and Touchpad easy just by it self and final installation with Chimera 2.2 boot loader cannot make it work. I just think there must be an easy solution and trying to find out.

With Unibeast USB, you're probably getting mouse emulation via the PS2 drivers included on the Unibeast USB.

My apologies to Voodoo ;-)

I'm quite new to all this staff so now I found out about your VoodooPS2Controller, it works!

Now I have everything my laptop's keyboard and touchpad working.

Just I'm getting annoying window from Bluetooth Setup Assistant "There isn't a keyboard connected."
I know I can easily suspend this in Bluetooth Advanced settings, just remove checkmarks for this feature to automatically start Bluetooth Setup Assistant when device is not detected. I just don't know why, this happens if everything works and my keyboard and touchpad is available???

BUT I STILL HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH TOUCHPAD

I see VoodooPS2Controller is handling that device as Mouse not a Trackpad, ok...

...but for this Mouse I'm getting very simple version of Settings just Tracking Speed, Double-Click Speed and Primary Mouse Button. (No Scrolling Speed, well ok, no scroll is available).

But even with standard Left Click (Primary Button), having strange behavior. Single-Tap or Double-Tap is working fine. But sometime have to use Left Click on a Touchpad (when dragging rectangle for selection or when wanna use drag and drop between windows, etc...) THIS DOESN'T WORK. It's always recognized as a Double-Tap, so it opens an app instead of dragging icon somewhere.

That's sorry because in this case it's not really useable, just in emergency. I'm still forced to use my Bluetooth Mouse, which has scroll and all the clicks working well. It's quite ok, but I'd like to use just laptop's touchpad, cause it's portable device and I don't like to have to carry another mouse with me everywhere.

I reached your posts about EMlyDinEsH Elan Touchpad Driver for OSX, and I agree that I'm not comfortable to use something bound with so many hidden aspects. I believe Voodoo driver can be fine tuned with some settings to make it work fine on my system at least for Primary Button Click and may be scroll as well?

Thanks in advance everybody for any information or suggestions to help me out, have good day and happy Hackintoshing.

:)

Sounds like it is Elan. Use google to find drivers for the Elan touchpad.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's what I'm trying to, but with no success. I tried ElanTech 1st but they have no drivers on their website. Then there's just EMlyDinEsH's driver at OSXLATITUDE and as I'm saying I'm very confused about that one if it's ok or not?

With Unibeast USB, you're probably getting mouse emulation via the PS2 drivers included on the Unibeast USB.

Ok, that's nice, does anybody know how can I get these drivers and use them for my installed system???

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=elan+driver+mac&l=1

First link. And yes that driver is the one you need. You'll need to figure out what Hardware version you have.

Also, feel free to reach out to him, he's a really nice guy who's eager to help.

Also, feel free to reach out to him, he's a really nice guy who's eager to help.

+1... I also think this is true.

But he should also release the source code as it is based on original Apple code and thus bound by APSL.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=elan+driver+mac&l=1

First link. And yes that driver is the one you need. You'll need to figure out what Hardware version you have.

Ok, Thanx guys, I changed for that one you are saying.

Everything works, touchpad is recognized as trackpad, that's nice, still getting "No keyboard connected" from Bluetooth Assistant. The only think can say the mouse pointer movement is more erratic, not so smooth as with voodoo driver. And scrolling is also I'd say unpredictable where it stops, but it's very good job with this driver and thanks for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back