Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS UX305LA-Clover
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 5500, 3200x1800
Hello

I've successfully managed to install Mojave on my ASUS UX305LA in dual boot with Windows 10 using Clover.

Followed the different guides on this forum, very helpful!

Keyboard works, trackpad works, sound works, battery status works, Internet over Asus USB Ethernet cable works (when everything works I'll upgrade to a working wifi card).

BUT Graphics and backlight control do not work. :( I suspect these issues are linked. But despite following the different guides on the forum and I'm not sure what I am missing.

In the Syspref - Displays I only have resolution 1024*768 and in "about this Mac" I see "Intel HD Graphics 5500 3 MB"...

Is it possible to help me? Attached my debug files.

Thanks a lot in advance

Attachments

• debug_19011.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 23.39.10.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 23.39.10.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 23.45.41.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 23.45.41.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 94
I have EXACTLY the same hardware and I managed to run graphics on it, it looks like you already have Lilu +Whatsevergreen, try to add following keys to you config.plist

Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>BgAmFg==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
                <data>MAIAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
                <data>AABQAQ==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-flags</key>
                <data>CwsAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-memorycount</key>
                <data>AwAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-mobile</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-pipecount</key>
                <data>AwAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-portcount</key>
                <data>AwAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
                <data>AAAgAg==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                <data>AAAAYA==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -cdfon</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x16260006</string>
    </dict>

-cdfon boot flag, because we are running high dpi screen.

also, your SMBIOS doesn't look good, it is not even mobile smbios, I use MacbookPro12,1, I think it is similar hardware to ours

Code:
    <key>SMBIOS</key>
    <dict>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>MacBookPro12,1</string>
    </dict>[\CODE]

Backlight should work once graphics starts, as I see you have already RehabMan's apple backlightfixup, which did work for me.

On the other hand, can you tell me how good your touchpad works? I use same kext, but it doesn't work even as good as on Windows/Linux. I have only two finger scrolling, no other multitouch gestures and even that scrolling doesn't look good - when I scroll, scrolled content doesn't follow my movement. Also (after you start graphics), does sleep work for you?

Hi Bandysc

OMG thanks a lot for your answer, it worked for the graphics ! I only added the device properties & changed SMBIOS cause I already had -cdfon boot flag and the right ig-platform-id.

However it did not fix the backlight control somehow. Not sure what I'm doing wrong... I do not even have backlight control in the Syspref > Displays menu. My screen is really bright at the moment so it kind of hurts my eyes lol. Do you have an idea? Attaching new debug file.

Regarding touchpad, it's indeed far from perfect. I noticed that version 4.4 of the kext made zoom functionalities work, but broke scrolling with two fingers. I found that more important so I reinstalled the latest version. I'm not sure how to improve it. My Syspref > Trackpad menu is also blank. I have not yet looked more into it.

Regarding sleep, it seems to work with F1 button & via Apple menu > sleep. Not when closing the lid though (I had to reboot).

Attachments

• debug_7074.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
About brightness, when I return home, I can send you my debug log so that you can see where is the difference between ours.

About keyboard brightness keys: AsusNBFnKeys.kext + some dsdt patches. Currently I have brightness control working on login screen, but once I login they stop working :thinking:

About touchpad: I think we have to somehow make use of https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C it makes touchpad detect as Magic Trackpad 2, so all gestures should work fine. The problem is I cannot get it to work. In IORegistryExplorer in IO ACPI Plane there is no I2C device, I have applied OS fix to dsdt, but it didn't make it work. If you somehow manage to start it, let me know :) I will also update in case I know anything

Thanks! It would be great if you could share your debug log with me!

In my variant of UX305LA I do not have the keyboard brightness feature (I guess that's one less problem :lol:)

I think my issue with screen brightness is linked to this sentence in the guide of @RehabMan (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/):

For many laptops, the IGPU (formerly GFX0) device is defined in an SSDT, not DSDT, and since SSDT-PNLF is dependent on this device already being defined, the SSDT-PNLF.aml must load after the OEM SSDT that defines it.

I think in my case IGPU is defined in SSDT "SSDT-3-DptfTabl" so I patched it, compiled it and placed it in ACPI/Patched but then my computer did not start anymore, so I had to delete it. :think:

Regarding touchpad, I will have a look at VoodooI2C and let you know if I have any luck there :)

Here is my log, it is a bit messy... I know.

About the brightness: I have exactly same laptop model, I don't have keys backlight, I meant keyboard fn-key to control screen brightness behaves strangely (works fine on login screen, after login other keys control brightness).

Attachments

• debug_26988 2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
I have also one more big problem with laptop: quite often the graphic doesn't start. It is like: the loading screen doesn't show up, the screen is black. I can do nothing in that case but restart the computer using power button. HDMI output also doesn't work in that case. And sometimes you starts completely fine. It happens like every two or three boots. Do you have this problem?

My bad, our touchpad is PS/2, not I2C so we can forget about apple like touchpad ;<

Hi Bandysc, sorry for the late reply I was waiting to receive my DW1560 wifi card to resume with the setup :)

Regarding your issue with the loading screen sometimes not working, I noticed that when I used some of your config.plist items (which are supposed to prevent you from patching the DSDT), I had the same issue. After I removed them from the config.plist I did not encounter the same issue again. Maybe there is some conflict between what you have in your DSDT & the config.plist ?

Did you also replace your wifi card with DW1560 ?

I'm running into an issue, although I'm not sure of the extent of this issue... when I opened the laptop, I saw nothing that looked like the DW1560. So I made a bit of research and my laptop is exactly as in this video :

At the end of the video you can see the person removing the "wifi module" which actually seems to be some sort of board with Wifi/USB ports/SD Card reader... (this one : https://en.accessoires-asus.com/io-board-for-zenbook-62578-59415.htm#ux305la|l )

At this point I'm pretty scared I made a mistake... does that mean that DW1560 won't work with my laptop ? It is very strange because ALL guides I read with similar models indicated to replace it with DW1560...

Thanks in advance for your answer

Hey @Bandysc

You can disregard my previous message, the wifi card was indeed incompatible with my laptop but I managed to get around the issue by buying a tiny wifi usb dongle :) So now I have wifi on my Mac!

You can also disregard my message regarding your boot issue. Actually, I'm experiencing the same issue. It started after I added the lines you sent me for the graphics in config.plist lol. I think we should rec†rd our boot log when this happens and see if someone could help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back