Contribute
Register

Asus USB2.0 Webcam as iSight Camera ASUS K55VJ laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Ladies and Gents

You may of seen my other two threads (posted about 6-12 months apart) regarding hackintoshing my Asus K55VJ laptop, each time I abandoned the project because something wouldn't work i.e in-built microphone. I revisited this project and successfully hackintoshed the laptop, I have a patched AppleHDA, DSDT, SSDT, everything works except one thing the Asus USB2.0 Webcam. I can get this webcam to work with a app calledm iGlasses, the issue with iGlasses is that every time I launch FaceTime or end a call I have to go to video and select iGlasses which gets annoying. I have also tried the anyisightcam kext which yields a black webcam, I may of edited the kext wrong but I have tried a few different variations.

Any suggestions/input would be extremely appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Ladies and Gents

You may of seen my other two threads (posted about 6-12 months apart) regarding hackintoshing my Asus K55VJ laptop, each time I abandoned the project because something wouldn't work i.e in-built microphone. I revisited this project and successfully hackintoshed the laptop, I have a patched AppleHDA, DSDT, SSDT, everything works except one thing the Asus USB2.0 Webcam. I can get this webcam to work with a app calledm iGlasses, the issue with iGlasses is that every time I launch FaceTime or end a call I have to go to video and select iGlasses which gets annoying. I have also tried the anyisightcam kext which yields a black webcam, I may of edited the kext wrong but I have tried a few different variations.

Any suggestions/input would be extremely appreciated.

Cheers

Does your camera show a serial# in "System Information"->USB?

Does your camera show a serial# in "System Information"->USB?
Product ID: 0x2883
Vendor ID: 0x1bcf (Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc.)
Version: 4.29
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: 04G626000611BQ2BG002DD7
Location ID: 0x1a130000 / 3
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

I do get a serial if I run Anyisightcam.kext

Product ID: 0x2883
Vendor ID: 0x1bcf (Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc.)
Version: 4.29
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: 04G626000611BQ2BG002DD7
Location ID: 0x1a130000 / 3
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

I do get a serial if I run Anyisightcam.kext

Cameras that don't report serial# are problematic. No solution that I know of... Not sure if the problem is serial# absence itself or the serial# absence is a side effect of something else.

Hey buddy,

i saw that you were able to hackintosh your K55VJ laptop. I own this system too and would like to ask you if you could open a (beginner friendly) thread on how to exactly hackintosh it.

I'm running an OSX virtual machine already for making a bootable usb to install OSX on the system and i would like to install it on my second HD, so i can dual boot between windows and OSX.

I don't know if this is relevant but i own the system with:

• i5-3210M, 2.5GHz processor
  • 8GB memory
  • Intel HD 4000 & nVidia GeForce GT 635M 2GB

Just telling you so you can tell me if your system is different from mine.

I would really appreciate if you could open a thread like that so every owner of the K55VJ could profit from it.

Greetz!

Hey buddy,

i saw that you were able to hackintosh your K55VJ laptop. I own this system too and would like to ask you if you could open a (beginner friendly) thread on how to exactly hackintosh it.

I'm running an OSX virtual machine already for making a bootable usb to install OSX on the system and i would like to install it on my second HD, so i can dual boot between windows and OSX.

I don't know if this is relevant but i own the system with:

• i5-3210M, 2.5GHz processor
  • 8GB memory
  • Intel HD 4000 & nVidia GeForce GT 635M 2GB

Just telling you so you can tell me if your system is different from mine.

I would really appreciate if you could open a thread like that so every owner of the K55VJ could profit from it.

Greetz!

Read compatibility overview: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

Use Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Also, you will find many of the stickies here useful: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

Thx for the quick reply, i still have some questions, should i open a seperate thread for those or use private messages?

Open a separate thread for your issues. This thread is specific to Webcam issues.

- I'm also having problems with the camera but i do have a serial. Everytime i try to use it, it just shows black image. Any idea?

I've attached a photo.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 08.31.24.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 08.31.24.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 711
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back