Contribute
Register

ASUS TUF Z390M PRO Gaming can't boot to OS X after BIOS 2606

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I did originally copy the config.plist to EFI you supplied and ran it with IGPU disabled, no change. I then redid the EFI with just the folder you supplied and ran it again (IGPU disabled). Same exact thing.

That doesn't make sense... Your Radeon VII should be natively supported. Is your monitor connected to the Radeon VII or the motherboard video out? Are yo using DisplayPort or HDMI?

Actually I removed the VII just so I could get Catalina installed but when it was installed I had it connected via HDMI to the VII. Right now its just HDMI from the mainboard. It doesnt seem to matter what way I have it, VII or Intel graphics. It halts in the same place.

Actually I removed the VII just so I could get Catalina installed but when it was installed I had it connected via HDMI to the VII. Right now its just HDMI from the mainboard. It doesnt seem to matter what way I have it, VII or Intel graphics. It halts in the same place.

If you are using the Radeon VII, your monitor(s) MUST be connected to the Radeon VII.

No monitors should be connected to the motherboard!!

Right, when I had the VII installed it was the hdmi port of the VII, not dp. Currently I removed the VII and Im running off the 630. Just trying to rule out any component causing problems.

Right, when I had the VII installed it was the hdmi port of the VII, not dp. Currently I removed the VII and Im running off the 630. Just trying to rule out any component causing problems.

Everything is running correctly with the Radeon VII uninstalled?

Do you know if your Radeon VII is one of the early models that lacked UEFI support?

I'm sorry im not being very clear. No, I cant get the 630 or the VII to boot past gIOScreenLockState. If I have the VII installed or not (making proper options and bios adjustments) either video device halts at gIOScreenLockState. No my VII does have UEFI.

I'm sorry im not being very clear. No, I cant get the 630 or the VII to boot past gIOScreenLockState. If I have the VII installed or not (making proper options and bios adjustments) either video device halts at gIOScreenLockState. No my VII does have UEFI.

Are you positive you are booting off the correct EFI???

For the Radeon VII, there's nothing that needs to be "configured" in the EFI. There's no setting in config.plist. The only thing that can affect the Radeon VII is WhateverGreen and, in fact, you should be able to run the Radeon VII without WhateverGreen. WhateverGreen only helps enable all the video out ports and HDMI/DisplayPort audio on the Radeon VII.
  1. Put the EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
  2. Reboot the computer.
  3. Spam the F8 key during booting until you get the the BIOS boot menu.
  4. Select the USB flash drive.
  5. Select your macOS system drive or macOS installer.

Sorry for the delay but I wanted to try as many things as I could so I wasn't wasting your time. I reset my bios via pins, re-did the drive about 13 times, dropped from Catalina to Mojave, tried Macmans instructions many times and still nothing. I then recreated the drive with Mojave once again and copied over your EFI and boom, it finally gives me video! So I can see the Welcome screen on MacOS but my keyboard and mouse dont work now. Any clues? Thanks Pastrychef!

Sorry for the delay but I wanted to try as many things as I could so I wasn't wasting your time. I reset my bios via pins, re-did the drive about 13 times, dropped from Catalina to Mojave, tried Macmans instructions many times and still nothing. I then recreated the drive with Mojave once again and copied over your EFI and boom, it finally gives me video! So I can see the Welcome screen on MacOS but my keyboard and mouse dont work now. Any clues? Thanks Pastrychef!

Ah... Corrupted USB installer... :banghead:

Please post the EFI that you are currently using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back