Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Tuf Z390M GAMING PRO
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi all I have bought the motherboard to install macOS in it, after so many tries I decided to seek help.
That said you guys are my last resort to make it work, the Asus client support replied to me that they only support windows 10 in this board, and with windows it works flawlessly.
My current bios is 2808, and after purchase the motherboard I read her and in other forums many success stories of installs with this mothetboard and it annoys me tremendously that I can't.
Thanks in advance

Please moderator move my topic for the right thread, because by mistake I posted in this thread, sorry and thanks.

Ups...
My questions are the following:
1 - What was the Bios versions when you guys managed to install macOS for the first time?
2 - It is possible that the bios are responsible to not be possible to install macOS?
Thanks again...

Last edited:
I am using the Asus TUF z390m gaming WIFI, which im assuming is almost identical to yours. Im running 2808 as well. what part of the process are you stuck at?

Hi @antieatingactivist
Thanks for your response, yep they are similar mine don't have wifi, and to answer your question is stuck in windows 10, every time I try to install macOS it boots until the first reboot and then black screen and stays there until I shut it down...

Forgot to ask... what was the bios version when you first installed macOS in it?

Hi all I have bought the motherboard to install macOS in it, after so many tries I decided to seek help.
That said you guys are my last resort to make it work, the Asus client support replied to me that they only support windows 10 in this board, and with windows it works flawlessly.
My current bios is 2808, and after purchase the motherboard I read her and in other forums many success stories of installs with this mothetboard and it annoys me tremendously that I can't.
Thanks in advance

Please moderator move my topic for the right thread, because by mistake I posted in this thread, sorry and thanks.

Ups...
1 - What was the Bios versions when you guys managed to install macOS for the first time?
2 - It is possible that the bios are responsible to not be possible to install macOS?
Thanks again...

Maybe just maybe you should make your post in the proper place this is the deals of the day. Second, do a search for Tuff Z390 and you will find a complete guide.

Hi @scottkendall
Thanks for your response and you are right I made a mistake and made the thread here, but I asked a mod to move my post to the appropriate place. That ou of the way I did a search and found various guides for my motherboard and the result is the same I can't install macOS... my only hope is that an earlier version of the bios is the magic key...
For that reason I repeat my question to all owners of this board what was the bios version of the bios when you bought/ installed macOS in them?
(That is one of the elements missing in the guides that I read)...
Thank you...

If you use UEFI version 2203 or later the system will hang during the boot of macOS at apfs_module_start:1393. @mattystonnie has created a patch that fixes this. Are you using the RTC patch?

Hi @scottkendall,
Yes i use the RTC patch, but ir dont hang fitinha boot it boots but when it reboots it stays there black screen until i shut it down... do you mind telling me what bios version came with the board? I think that the problem is the bios versions and that the older ones are less demanding... maybe im wrong but i have nothing to loose...
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi @scottkendall,
Yes i use the RTC patch, but ir dont hang fitinha boot it boots but when it reboots it stays there black screen until i shut it down... do you mind telling me what bios version came with the board? I think that the problem is the bios versions and that the older ones are less demanding... maybe im wrong but i have nothing to loose...
Thanks

No idea go post in

Ask for support there since that board is fairly close to yours.

@trs96 can you move this thread where it belongs.

Thanks in advance

Ups...
Thanks again...
have moved to desktop support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back