1. iOS
LrXqbwsj5Vv.jpg
Hardware
  • Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-Plus WiFi D4
  • CPU: Intel i7-11700K
  • dGPU: XFX Radeon RX580 GTS Black Edition 8GB
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 32GB (2x16B) DDR4 3600
  • NVMe: SK hynix Platinum P41 1TB Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • WiFi/Bluetooth: Apple OEM Airport BCM94360CD (optional)
  • Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black CPU Cooler
  • Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 850 T2, 80+ Titanium 850W
  • Others: Apple Magic Keyboard & Magic Mouse

Steps
  • Update FW to 1601
  • Download macOS Ventura from the App Store
  • Download OpenCore 0.8.6
  • Using OpenCore Configurator, PlistEditor, or ProperTree, modify the config.plist file accordingly (see Notes section)
  • Create the USB install media (make sure the EFI folder is copied onto the UEFI partition)
  • Configure BIOS settings (see BIOS Settings section)
  • Press F8 to boot from the USB drive and follow the onscreen instructions to install macOS Ventura
  • Once everything is working properly, copy the EFI folder from the USB drive to your NVMe/SSD

Ethernet / WiFi / Bluetooth
To use the built-in Intel i225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet, AppleVTD must be enabled. No additional kext is required since it is supported natively in macOS Ventura. To enable AppleVTD, set the following:

• config.plist → Kernel → Quirks → DisableIoMapper = False
• config.plist → ACPI → Add → SSDT-DMAR.aml → set Enabled = True
• config.plist → ACPI → Delete → DMAR → set Enabled = True
• BIOS → Advanced → System Agent (SA) Configuration → VT-d = Enabled

I am using an Apple OEM Airport Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac/Bluetooth module that I made over 9 years ago and it works perfectly OOB. This is identical to the Fenvi t919 PCIe card. Since I won't be using the built-in Intel WiFi6 and Bluetooth, I have them disabled in BIOS (see BIOS Settings section). If you want to use the built-in Intel WiFi6/Bluetooth model, enable them in BIOS first then read this post.

USB Port Mapping
A total of 15 USB ports is mapped using Hackintool. The ports on the rear panel are as follows:

WBHmY.png

HS06 - Internal USB2.0 header used for BCM94360CD Bluetooth
HS09/SS08 - Internal USB3.2 Gen1 Header
HS10/SS09 - Internal USB3.2 Gen1 Header

BIOS Settings
BIOS FW 1601 (released 05/27/2022)

• Ai Tweaker → Ai Overclock Tuner → Choose XMP I (or XMP II if your RAM allows it)
• Advanced → System Agent (SA) Configuration → VT-d = Enabled
• Advanced → System Agent (SA) Configuration → Graphics Configuration → Primary Display = PEG
• Advanced → Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration → Discrete Thunderbolt Support = Disabled
• Advanced → PCI Subsystem Settings → Above 4G Decoding = Enabled
• Advanced → PCI Subsystem Settings → Re-Size BAR Support = Disabled
• Advanced → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off = Enabled
• Advanced → Onboard Devices Configuration → USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5) = Enabled
• Advanced → Onboard Devices Configuration → Connectivity mode (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth) = Disabled
• Advanced → Onboard Devices Configuration → Serial Port Configuration → Serial Port = Disabled
• Boot → CSM (Compatibility Support Module) → Launch CSM = Disabled
• Boot → Secure Boot → OS Type = Windows UEFI mode (or Other OS)
• Boot → Secure Boot → Secure Boot Mode = Custom
• Boot → Secure Boot → Key Management → Clear Secure Boot Keys
• Boot → Boot Configuration → Fast Boot = Disabled

What Works?

• Shutdown, restart
• Sleep, wake
• AppleTV, Music, App Store, iCloud
• FaceTime, Messages
• Handoff, Continuity (Clipboard, Camera) , AirDrop, Universal Control, SMS, Phone
• Unlock with Apple Watch
• WiFi (802.11ac) + Bluetooth
• Intel i225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet

What Does Not Work?
• Sidecar

Notes 1
• Depending on which M.2 slot and what type of NVMe SSD you are planning to use, if you want them to show up under the PCI section on System Information screen, they should be mapped in config.plist → DevicePropertiesAdd section:

• For slot M.2_1 change PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x6,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)model → <name_of_your_NVMe_SSD>

If you use any other M.2 slots, install the drive(s) first, then go to the PCIe section in Hackintool to find out their Device Path and update the DevicePropertiesAdd section in the config.plist file accordingly.

• When M.2_2 slot is used, SATA port SATA6G_2 will be disabled (this is the bottom right SATA port)
• When M.2_3 slot is used, SATA ports SATA6G_56 will be disabled (these are the 2 front SATA ports)

Notes 2
The system sleeps and wakes when pressing any key on the Apple Magic Keyboard or clicking the Apple Magic Mouse. If you want the system to wake up only by pressing the Power button, make the following changes:

• config.plist → ACPI → Add → SSDT-GPRW.aml → set Enabled = True
• config.plist → ACPI → Patch → find "change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW..." patch → set Enabled = True

Updates
21 Nov 2022: First release
10 Dec 2022: Updated to OpenCore 0.8.7

Attachments

• EFI_OC_086.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 211
  • EFI_087.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Great build! And a nice guide too. I have exactly the same board since a month and still don't regret buying it.

Great build! And a nice guide too. I have exactly the same board since a month and still don't regret buying it.
Micro Center had a sale on the i7-11700K + TUF Gaming Z590+ WiFi D4 bundle for $250 USD so it's a no brainer. It is now my son's hackintosh.

They also had a sale on the i7-12700K + TUF Gaming Z690+ WiFi D4 for $100 more ($350) so I grabbed that one as well.

Last edited:
They also had a sale on the i7-12770K + TUF Gaming Z690+ WiFi D4 for $100 more ($350) so I grabbed that one as well.
Is there an on-line link for that deal? I ask because because I live ~300 from the nearest Micro Center. TIA.

Update: I found it. Unfortunately, the deal is for only pickup. Bummer!

LrXqbwsj5Vv.jpg
Hardware

Steps
  • Update FW to 1601
  • Using OpenCore Configurator, PlistEditor, or ProperTree, modify the config.plist file accordingly (see Notes section)
  • Create the USB install media (make sure the EFI folder is copied onto the UEFI partition)
  • Press F8 to boot from the USB drive and follow the onscreen instructions to install macOS Ventura
  • Once everything is working properly, copy the EFI folder from the USB drive to your NVMe/SSD

To use the built-in Intel i225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet, AppleVTD must be enabled. No additional kext is required since it is supported natively in macOS Ventura. To enable AppleVTD, set the following:

I am using an Apple OEM Airport Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac/Bluetooth module that I made over 9 years ago and it works perfectly OOB. This is identical to the Fenvi t919 PCIe card. Since I won't be using the built-in Intel WiFi6 and Bluetooth, I have them disabled in BIOS (see BIOS Settings section). If you want to use the built-in Intel WiFi6/Bluetooth model, enable them in BIOS first then read this post.

USB Port Mapping
A total of 15 USB ports is mapped using Hackintool. The ports on the rear panel are as follows:

WBHmY.png

BIOS Settings

• Ai Tweaker → Ai Overclock Tuner → Choose XMP I (or XMP II if your RAM allows it)
• Advanced → System Agent (SA) Configuration → Graphics Configuration → Primary Display = PEG
• Advanced → Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration → Discrete Thunderbolt Support = Disabled
• Advanced → Onboard Devices Configuration → USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5) = Enabled
• Advanced → Onboard Devices Configuration → Connectivity mode (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth) = Disabled
• Advanced → Onboard Devices Configuration → Serial Port Configuration → Serial Port = Disabled

What Works?

• Shutdown, restart
• Sleep, wake
• FaceTime, Messages
• Handoff, Continuity (Clipboard, Camera) , AirDrop, Universal Control, SMS, Phone

What Does Not Work?
• Sidecar

Notes 1
• Depending on which M.2 slot and what type of NVMe SSD you are planning to use, if you want them to show up under the PCI section on System Information screen, they should be mapped in config.plist → DevicePropertiesAdd section:

• For slot M.2_1 change PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x6,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)model → <name_of_your_NVMe_SSD>

If you use any other M.2 slots, install the drive(s) first, then go to the PCIe section in Hackintool to find out their Device Path and update the DevicePropertiesAdd section in the config.plist file accordingly.

• When M.2_2 slot is used, SATA port SATA6G_2 will be disabled (this is the bottom right SATA port)
• When M.2_3 slot is used, SATA ports SATA6G_56 will be disabled (these are the 2 front SATA ports)

Notes 2
The system sleeps and wakes when pressing any key on the Apple Magic Keyboard or clicking the Apple Magic Mouse. If you want the system to wake up only by pressing the Power button, make the following changes:

• config.plist → ACPI → Patch → find "change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW..." patch → set Enabled = True

Updates
21f
When I can buy me a Radeon video card i will try this.

But I am hooked in Clover yet.

Does anybody knows haow to "translate it " to Clover?

Thanks
Nov 2022: First releasf

When I can buy me a Radeon video card i will try this.

But I am hooked in Clover yet.

Does anybody knows haow to "translate it " to Clover?

Thanks
use OpenCore instead

Updated the original post with EFI folder for OpenCore 0.8.7

LrXqbwsj5Vv.jpg
Hardware

Steps
  • Update FW to 1601

USB Port Mapping

WBHmY.png

BIOS Settings

What Works?

• Shutdown, restart
• Sleep, wake
• FaceTime, Messages

What Does Not Work?
• Sidecar

Notes 1

Notes 2

Updates
21 Nov 2022: First release
10 Dec 2022: Updated to OpenCore 0.8.7
I have a (somewhat) similar Asus mobo and have been struggling with its I225-V ethernet ever since I bought it. In the past I managed to configure things in my EFI config to get ethernet working under Monterey but now, with Ventura, every update seems to break what had been working before... including yesterday's OS 13.1 update. The only way I was able to get that update to finish was by completely removing all entries & kexts involving Ethernet from my EFI folder; I'm now on Wifi (with the resulting drop in UL/DL internet speeds) but at least am back up & running. So moving on, I guess it's time for me to try the SSDT-DMAR and AppleVTd approach others on here have said works.

Since I'm on OC 0.8.7 I downloaded your EFI and my question is the Delete entry in ACPI: how do I know what to enter as the TableSignature data? Would that be different for my Hackintosh than yours?

I have a (somewhat) similar Asus mobo and have been struggling with its I225-V ethernet ever since I bought it. In the past I managed to configure things in my EFI config to get ethernet working under Monterey but now, with Ventura, every update seems to break what had been working before... including yesterday's OS 13.1 update. The only way I was able to get that update to finish was by completely removing all entries & kexts involving Ethernet from my EFI folder; I'm now on Wifi (with the resulting drop in UL/DL internet speeds) but at least am back up & running. So moving on, I guess it's time for me to try the SSDT-DMAR and AppleVTd approach others on here have said works.

Since I'm on OC 0.8.7 I downloaded your EFI and my question is the Delete entry in ACPI: how do I know what to enter as the TableSignature data? Would that be different for my Hackintosh than yours?

You should try the AppleVTd method. Save you the headaches.

TableSignature is the same for the all CPUs starting with Comet Lake. So yours is same as mine. Btw, the TableSignature (444D4152) is the ASCII code for "DMAR", which is the name of the table to drop.

Last edited:
Back