Contribute
Register

Asus TP500LA with macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works.

After second reboot battery icon is persistent, ac adapter state/battery drain is recognized (20 second delay), battery condition replace soon, lol as if...

I'd say this is solved for me. Thanks RehabMan! Do you think it was fix_ACST or the SSDT renaming? I uploaded problem reporting files, in case you wanted to see what worked.

Your ACPI setup is still very wrong.

With DropOem=true you must include all static SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
Based on ACPI/origin, you should have these:
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml

Dynamic SSDTs are not placed in ACPI/patched.

SortedOrder is required to set SSDT load order. Your config.plist is lacking ACPI/SortedOrder.

Read ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Thanks for all your help. I'd buy you a drink(s)! You've helped beyond the battery issue.

The Dynamic SSDTs section was the only part unclear to me. I've never had a reason to drop oem so i added them quickly. Any custom graphics ssdt's I've placed in patched just seemed to work, hence I did not bother renaming in the origin graphics ssdt.

Sorted order is;
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml (modified to match DSDT and SSDT-765M)
SSDT-765M.aml

Attachments

• problem reporting.zip
    3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Thanks for all your help. I'd buy you a drink(s)! You've helped beyond the battery issue.

The Dynamic SSDTs section was the only part unclear to me. I've never had a reason to drop oem so i added them quickly. Any custom graphics ssdt's I've placed in patched just seemed to work, hence I did not bother renaming in the origin graphics ssdt.

Sorted order is;
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml (modified to match DSDT and SSDT-765M)
SSDT-765M.aml

I assume problem solved?

Yes indeed. Thank you!

I'm an Arch Linux convert, and I thought we had a great community there. tonymacx86.com and the community here are just as awesome!

Your ioreg shows APFS.
Your config.plist has the TRIM patch.
Looks likely to be a bad combination for a lot of hardware.
Disable the TRIM patch.l

I'm planning to update HS too. Should I remove Trim patch as well? Is it not working with HS? or Is it not working with APFS on HS?

Thanks

I'm planning to update HS too. Should I remove Trim patch as well? Is it not working with HS? or Is it not working with APFS on HS?

Thanks

The TRIM patch works as expected (it enables TRIM on non-Apple SSDs).
But TRIM+APFS tends to cause some sort of problem that make boot slow, and the slow boot affects battery status.
If you use APFS, you will likely need to disable TRIM until it is fixed by an update.

Hi savage001, I have the same laptop (ASUS TP500LN), I had some issues on disable the Nvidia card,
would you please post High Sierra Clover folder, thanks.

Last edited:
Just use files from first post. If you use DSDT from TP500la laptop which comes without NVIDIA card. Your NVIDIA card will be disabled automatically, because TP500LA DSDT has no reference for Geforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back