CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I have successfully installed macOS High Sierra on my ASUS TP500LA.

Everything is working except the battery percentage (its stuck unless you uncheck show percentage and reactivate it again)
using the 10.12 configuration.

Thats it for now.

Hi,

Everything is working except the battery percentage (its stuck unless you uncheck show percentage and reactivate it again)

Thats it for now.

I would suggest to check if u have proper DSDT battery patch and Rehabman's ACPIBattery kext installed.
Clear some variables with NVRAM -C

By the way, I have an issue with "double tap and hold to drag" functionality. It works when I double tap with 2 fingers and hold for 3 to 4 seconds before the window can be dragged.
Do u have such issue?

If no, what kext do u use?

Also, Shift + Arrow keys mutes the sound.

I tried using VoodooPS2 kext but the trackpad is messed up as mentioned below;

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/112

Cheers,

Hi,

Thats it for now.

I have the Asus TP500LN and also using same config minus WiFi patches working perfectly with High Sierra, but alas i also have the battery indicator issue, on boot need to tick the box, and if plugged in after sleep need to uncheck and check to remove the charging indicator. DSDT is patched and using ACPIBatteryManager.kext working perfectly in Sierra but bug in High Sierra.

I would suggest to check if u have proper DSDT battery patch and Rehabman's ACPIBattery kext installed.

By the way, I have an issue with "double tap and hold to drag" functionality. It works when I double tap with 2 fingers and hold for 3 to 4 seconds before the window can be dragged.
Do u have such issue?

I believe its sudo NVRAM -c

Yes i also have no double tap and drag but im using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext.

Do u have such issue?

If no, what kext do u use?

Also, Shift + Arrow keys mutes the sound.

I tried using VoodooPS2 kext but the trackpad is messed up as mentioned below;

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/112

Cheers,

Hi,

I think it's not an issue with the battery patch itself because I used the same patch for 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan and 10.12 Sierra and it has always been fine (with ACPIBatteryManager). But I will try clearing the nvram.

For my touchpad I am using ApplePS2SmartTouchpad. I think the double tap and drag function is working for me, I will check again once I boot into High Sierra again.

Hi,

I think it's not an issue with the battery patch itself because I used the same patch for 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan and 10.12 Sierra and it has always been fine (with ACPIBatteryManager). But I will try clearing the nvram.

For my touchpad I am using ApplePS2SmartTouchpad. I think the double tap and drag function is working for me, I will check again once I boot into High Sierra again.

Nope, double tap and drag doesn't work for me neither.

Use VoodooPS2 to fix that :)
Mind you, you will have to edit the version number from Darwin 16.x to 17.x

Thank you, but unfortunately, my trackpad is an Elan touchpad. With VoodooPS2 I don't have any multitouch gestures at all.

Another thing I noticed is, that if you warm reboot from Sierra, the battery percentage is working properly. Maybe it's an ACPI issue, it might be worth a try to extract ACPI whilst running High Sierra.

I have the Asus TP500LN

Hi guys, this will be off topic but I need your help. I have the same laptop (quite same h/w) and installed Sierra (not the high one), can you tell me how did you fixed sleep/wake issue, sound, disabling nvidia and screen glitch on boot, before high sierra?

The list of issues I have here in this post, trying hard to fix all but I'm not a coder and it's a bit hard for me.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ightinjector-kext.218222/page-43#post-1481671

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back