Contribute
Register

ASUS ThunderboltEX II PCIe Expansion Card - Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I just installed my ThunderboltEX II Dual. I'm running 10.9.5 on an Asus X99-Deluxe and a 5960x. I made sure to switch to Legacy mode in the BIOS & 'activated' the card in Windows, which recognizes it & devices plugged into it.

No matter which slot I install the card into, I get the attached KP in Mavericks. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3725.jpg
    IMG_3725.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 200
I am running 10.10.4 and it recognizes the card via BIOS on my Asus Z97-a but when I go to try and recognize it within OS X it does not show. These directions don't seem to work for the Thunderbolt EX II which hosts the display port and thunderbolt. I'd like to try and access my thunderbolt Lacie Hard drive on OS X! Hallpppp

See my post to you here. Please read the Forum rules on Posting.

I'm hoping some fresh eyes will get me over the final hurdle, I have my system running nicely but can't get it to recognise the Thunderbolt card, despite following advice already on this thread

X99 Deluxe (BIOS 1901)
i7-5960x
GTX 970
64GB RAM

10.10.5 Mac Pro 3.1

I used minimal MultiBeast settings, just the DSDT-free defaults and the appropriate web driver for the graphics.

Thunderbolt card is installed as per BoomR's suggestion, recognised in Windows after driver installation, recognises my Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter, and with Windows drivers installed, the Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter works fine.

As per post #28 I changed the Thunderbolt settings

Security Level: Legacy Only
Thunderbolt PCIe Cache-line Size: 128

Any and all suggestions welcome. I had no luck with differing RAM combinations, BIOS 1801 or a GT 740.

I have a working setup using an Asus Z87-A with ASUS ThunderboltEX II expansion card with a Thunderbolt Display connected to it.

I'm however unable to change the brightness of the Thunderbolt Display with my keyboard.. Is there a way to enable the keyboard to change its brightness? (preferably using an original Apple Keyboard)

After several fixes thunderboltex II card works with my Asus x99-e-ws MB.
My Lacie raid thunderbolt 2 is recognized in Yosemite and it works good. But i noticed it disconnect with a "checksum error" when i try to extract a rar archive made by more than 50 rars of 250mb each....

Works with Asus Z97m-PLUS ?
Anyone already tested ?

Hi! I just installed my ThunderboltEX II Dual. I'm running 10.9.5 on an Asus X99-Deluxe and a 5960x. I made sure to switch to Legacy mode in the BIOS & 'activated' the card in Windows, which recognizes it & devices plugged into it.

No matter which slot I install the card into, I get the attached KP in Mavericks. Any ideas?

Hi r.schroeder, I have the same issue but with a 5820k. Clover gives me the KP but Chimera/Multibeast works fine.

Have you had any luck?

Thanks!

I have an Asus Sabertooth z97 mark 1 mobo and Thunderboltex ii card and wanted to know if I need to leave the Windows hard drive connected after installing the drivers and having it recognized? Can it be disconnected afterwards and removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back