Contribute
Register

ASUS ThunderboltEX II PCIe Expansion Card - Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The list is on ASUS' web site on the Specifications page for the ThunderboltEX II.
I'm sure it is not up-to-date now!

What are the most innovative amazing devices that we can connect to Hackintosh?

What are the most innovative amazing devices that we can connect to Hackintosh?
Audio recording gear if you're a prosumer, like BoomR (see his Golden Builds which describe how he uses his hacks for professional audio and video work).

External hard drives, too...but for the average consumer, Thunderbolt peripherals are too expensive.

What system definitions are people with the Thunderboltex 3 card using?

I got one setup in a X99 A II, everything else is working but I can't get the TB to connect to my Focusrite Red 8Pre through a apple TB3 to TB2 adaptor.

Do we need to use the newest Macbook Pro? I tried it and that doesn't seem to work. I did use BoomR's exact BIOS settings from the big thread on the X99 A II...It's probably still something dumb I'm overlooking b/c it seems like other people have this setup working.

So I have basically no experience with Thunderbolt but I acquired a Focusrite Clarett2pre recently so I wanted to use it with my PC I have a Z97-A/USB 3.1 so it should be compatible, and I'm attempting to set up the ThunderboltEX II but I cant get it to work at all.

So I have basically no experience with Thunderbolt but I acquired a Focusrite Clarett2pre recently so I wanted to use it with my PC I have a Z97-A/USB 3.1 so it should be compatible, and I'm attempting to set up the ThunderboltEX II but I cant get it to work at all.
First thing to do is get it to show up in Windows in Device Manager.

okay, and how do I go about doing that, I'vegot the thunderbolt and focusrite software installed but neither see the device
I've enabled thunderbolt in bios, the clarette2pre shows that it is connected to a thunderbolt port but windows shows nothing

and what would it be under e.g. com&lpt or display adapters, or would it have a new category

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    110.2 KB · Views: 313
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    104.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    466.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    462.5 KB · Views: 291
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    462.2 KB · Views: 285
and what would it be under e.g. com&lpt or display adapters, or would it have a new category
I would view devices by connection instead of category. Follow the links in my the post at #25 to see screen shots. Maybe start at the beginning of that thread.

Hi everyone!
I got myself an Asus Thunderboltex II dual and working well on my asus rog strix x99 mb. Running thunderbolt 2 devices (Apollo 8, UAD satellite, UAD Twin, 4bay RAID). However a a TB1 device is not detected (UAD Apollo silver with TB1 card).
Anyone of you have issues with backward compatibility with TB1 devices?
Im in Sierra.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back