6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

I have the z170x gaming 7. I tried to connect my apollo to my high sierra hackintosh , don't think it read very well then again, I'm still in the beginning phases of my hackintosh as I'm still working out the elementary kinks (nvidia drivers, wifi/bluetooth, IOs etc.) Do you happen to know the settings you/your friend used for thunderbolt in the BIOs or did it natively? if not, could you perhaps walk me through the tweaks you had to make? I bought apple's TB2 to 3 adapter but I understand it's next to useless so I'll be returning it. Did he use any adapters I should maybe look at?

Thanks
Apple's TB2 to 3 works for me. Get the apollo to show up in Windows first, then boot into macOS.

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics
Asus Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Will this card work on my motherboard? I have Thunderbolt 3 header. Se my signature for specs.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX TITAN X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Will this card work on my motherboard? I have Thunderbolt 3 header. Se my signature for specs.
Probably, but why would you want that card instead of the Gigabyte GC-ALPINE RIDGE which has two DisplayPort inputs instead of just one, has two Thunderbolt 3 ports instead of just one, and has a HDMI 1.4 port (kind of useless) instead of just none?

Both cards support 36W Power Delivery, but I don't think that's what you'll be using it for.

Motherboard
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics
Asus Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Probably, but why would you want that card instead of the Gigabyte GC-ALPINE RIDGE which has two DisplayPort inputs instead of just one, has two Thunderbolt 3 ports instead of just one, and has a HDMI 1.4 port (kind of useless) instead of just none?

Both cards support 36W Power Delivery, but I don't think that's what you'll be using it for.

I know but Alpine card is not in stock here in Norway. 30 days until its in stock, but the ASUS card is available. hehe that's why. I want Thunderbolt asap!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Yet after test@benchmarks Asus Thunderbolt EX3 on Gigabyte motherboard z170X ultra
. Yes pins in small connector are opposite than in large connector.

Large connector pins, first pin is from left side

1.black
2. green
3.brown
4. orange
5 yellow

Small connector pins, first pin is from right side

1.black
2. green
3.brown
4. orange
5 yellow

If You connect pins like on picture that Asus Thunderbolt EX3 works very well.
So we must do/buy proper plug or (not recommended) connect each pins and
be very careful not to abut pins.
I'll try those http://pcpartsandcables.com//index.php?cPath=34 inverting the connection

Motherboard
GA Z270X K7
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
GTX 1050 TI Asus 4GB
Hi, I just bought an Asus Thunderboltex 3, for my z270x k7 gamming board ...
I noticed that the cable connectors thb-c are smaller than the other pins, what to do now ??

Motherboard
GA Z270X K7
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
GTX 1050 TI Asus 4GB
Read the posts above yours
I just saw, thanks.
Anyway, I'm behind the gigabyte alpinus pci express.
and when the site you mentioned comes back, I'll take a look again
one more time, thank you

Motherboard
Prime Deluxe x299
CPU
7820x
Graphics
1080ti
Hey guys, I contacted with Asus regarding to Asus ThunderboltEX 3 header cable 9 pin to 5 pin connection because I can't find the cable. They told me they don't have it in stock and they can't find it. I can't use the card atm. Is there any store that sells this cable ? I hope you can help me out.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I know but Alpine card is not in stock here in Norway. 30 days until its in stock, but the ASUS card is available. hehe that's why. I want Thunderbolt asap!

Hi @jaco . I saw this post of yours and just wanted to ask if the Asus TBex 3 worked for you? I saw that later you changed to GC Alpine Ridge. Was there a problem with Gaming 7 or did you change just because of more ports? I have that same board and want to buy this Asus TB3 card for my Apollo Twin interface. But before I buy that and the Apple adapter from TB3 to TB2 I really need someone with Gaming 7 Z370 to tell me if it works fine on High Sierra. Thank you if you respond!

Motherboard
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics
Asus Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @jaco . I saw this post of yours and just wanted to ask if the Asus TBex 3 worked for you? I saw that later you changed to GC Alpine Ridge. Was there a problem with Gaming 7 or did you change just because of more ports? I have that same board and want to buy this Asus TB3 card for my Apollo Twin interface. But before I buy that and the Apple adapter from TB3 to TB2 I really need someone with Gaming 7 Z370 to tell me if it works fine on High Sierra. Thank you if you respond!
Hey! Asus TB works fine! Changed because i needed more inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.