Contribute
Register

ASUS ThunderboltEX 3 PCIe Expansion Card Spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandy Bridge chipset doesn't support ThunderBolt.

Really? So, If I have any CPU on Sandy Bridge it will not work with Thunderbolt Card?!

Really? So, If I have any CPU on Sandy Bridge it will not work with Thunderbolt Card?!
I highly doubt your motherboard has a thunderbolt header to connect the card to. Connecting it to a PCIe slot isn't enough.

Hello.

I would to ask before buying anything. I have a lga 2011-v3 based computer. Would ThunderboltEX3 work on a MSI X99A LGA 2011-v3 Krait Edition ? I know its only for Asus but i see on the list the X99A chipset the same as mine. And i would like to use a thunderbolt audio sound card for my productions on windows. Thank you.

Hello.

I would to ask before buying anything. I have a lga 2011-v3 based computer. Would ThunderboltEX3 work on a MSI X99A LGA 2011-v3 Krait Edition ? I know its only for Asus but i see on the list the X99A chipset the same as mine. And i would like to use a thunderbolt audio sound card for my productions on windows. Thank you.

I cannot find any information about this board having a ThunderBolt header to facilitate this - have a look at your instruction manual to check ThunderBolt compatibility.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X99A-SLI-Krait-Edition.html#hero-specification

I can tell you that MyHero is on the above list and it's a LDA 1151 socket motherboard using an i7-6700K processor. So, no, you don't need a Boradwell-E to use the card.

I have the Asus Maximus VIII Hero as well. I really need Thunderbolt on my Hackintosh.

Has anybody made this work?

Any help highly appreciated!

Vidirh,

I have the Maximus VIII Hero

I have it working on Windows side but not Hackintosh side.

I did have it working but was struggling with NVidia, now I have nvidia web drivers working properly but Thunderbolt is not. See this link for my post. I am not sure whats going on. The usb3.1 port on my ex3 card works in mac but it doesn't recognize any TB devices connected. I have tried multiple devices.

When I enable Thunderbolt USB support, I am unable to boot. HID Legacy Shim 2 then i get prohibited sign. Please help

Thanks,
davis

Is the ASUS ThunderboltEX 3 compatible with ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO? I am trying to get Thunderbolt working with El Capitan on my hackintosh. I tried to use it on Windows 10 (separate Drive), but even after installing the BIOS and changing the BIOS setting on the motherboard to enable Thunderbolt, it's still not recognizing the drive when its plugged in. any help is greatly appreciated.

I have ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO motherboard and have gotten this card to work in Windows 10. I can't seem to figure out why it won't work in El Capitan. If I change the BIOS setting to just enable PCIe, it will boot but won't recognize the Thunderbolt drive. If fully enable, thunderbolt the macOS wont load, and I'll just get an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back