i9-9900K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am attempting to upgrade my High Sierra system using the Asus Strix z390-E Gaming, and a 9900k.

After some trial and error swapping out EFI folders with the EFI of a clone of my previous High Sierra install, I can boot into OSX and I have what appears to be normal function other than the network/ethernet not working.

I tried AppleIntelE1000e.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Realtek RTL8111.kext running sudo kextcache -i / after each one, but still could not get ethernet to work.

Is there something I'm missing?

I've attached a few things, including; screenshot of my Library/Extensions Folder, EFI Folder Zip, & screenshot of terminal result of sudo kextcache -i /
BIOS Settings appear to all be in order as well and I disabled SIP.

It's late and I'm delusional at this point.
Please help

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 7.00.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 7.00.56 PM.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 11.35.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 11.35.52 AM.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Archive.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 87
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 11.46.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 11.46.33 AM.png
    255.5 KB · Views: 90
Solved this issue by installing High Sierra to a USB, then replacing my entire existing Extensions folder with that from the USB.
Before this I went through my CLOVER folder and removed unnecessary kext files.

After replacing Extensions, I rebooted with remaining kext files and ethernet worked. Reinstalled nvidia web drivers, and signed into icloud and everything has worked since.

Hello
When you say installing high Sierra do USB do you mean using unibeast or just a bootable pen?
Im having trouble to get my ethernet to work, it doesn't even appear on network settings
Everything else works fine

Hello
When you say installing high Sierra do USB do you mean using unibeast or just a bootable pen?
Im having trouble to get my ethernet to work, it doesn't even appear on network settings
Everything else works fine

I used a macbook to install OSX to the USB by selecting the USB as the installation destination.
I don't know if it is advisable, but it worked and was more convenient than clearing my drive and reinstalling OSX to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back