Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Asus STRIX Z270G Gaming - Catalina beta success!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,gonzolak

I am Japanese and I am not good at English.
I apologize for my hard-to-understand text.

It seems to work without problems in my environment.
m.2 × 1
SSD x 2
BD-RW
HDD x 1

USB port, sleep also works.

I have a USB audio interface. So I don't operate Audio related EFI.

Then you can upload EFI.

Please try it.
* Some SMBIOS information has been deleted.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.2 MB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Thank you, lar7220. I can understand you just fine. My english is also bad so no worries:)
I reviewed your EFI folder and I know what I've been doing wrong. You deal with your USB:
1. boot argument to exclude ports you dont use- uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;USR1
2. KextsToPatch - USB Port Limit Patch #1 and #2.
I'm right?

Are those ACPI Fixes and Patches (in config.plist) all needed ? Doesn't certain kext like USBInjectAll doing all that job already?

You are using your RX270 with onboard graphics?

Hi,gonzolak

I was glad to move safely this time and immediately uploaded the EFI file.
You don't need ACPI Fixes and Patches. After confirming, it was described in Config.plist. I seem to have noticed this later and wrote it.
The installation of 10.15 went well It is advice of P1LGRIM.
I still need to shape up some EFI content.
I feel that this works as a result of examining various boot arguments that exclude unused ports.
Of course it may not be correct.
Please let me know if there is any better way.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2019-10-04 at 19.46.25.png

Just put the SSDT-EC.aml file into the EFI -> CLOVER -> patched folder of your boot partition! Many thanks to @P1LGRIM for the solution!

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 137
Hey there, I used this thread to make an installation guide but I have a problem with the AUDIO:
I use the VooDooHDA2.9.2v15 which works, but then after a restart... it doesn't and no matter what I do, it just does not want to work again.

Can I ask what AUDIO Kexts you use and what are you audio tweaks, patches if any.

All i needed was AppleALC.kext, nothing else
EDIT: that is on high sierra, I only just managed to get catalina working but no audio yet

thanks for your input, AppleALC.kext worked for me, you can check my updated EFI maybe you can something useful to troubleshoot.

@thealika what happend to your installation guide for catalina install with this motherboard and cpu? really want to get catalina working... thank you

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 4.34.09 PM.png

i get this after i click your link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back