Motherboard
MSI H170A Gaming M3
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
iOS
I recently switched over to the ASUS Strix RX Vega 64 and am having a strange time with getting Mojave to boot. I have two installation of Mojave. One a 1TB HDD and another on a Samsung Evo 960 M.2 SSD. Both installations went perfectly and I managed to get everything setup (Kexts, config). However, when booting onto the SSD, I get a weird graphics glitch at post. I am able to get into clover and select my boot option. Once booting into Mojave I land on the login screen with some very bad graphics issues. I am unable to see anything on my monitor from here. (I am running dual monitors)
When booting to my 1TB HDD I do not get any of these display issue. I am able to post, go through clover, and finally get into Mojave with ease. I can run graphics intense applications. So I do not understand why this happens with the SSD? I have done several re-installs with no change in the behaviour.
One thing to note, is that if I have either the HDD, or my install USB, as the primary boot option in the bios, I can boot into my SSD with no problems.
I have looked over all of my kexts and my config file and everything matches that of my HDD and install USB.