EVGA Nvidia GeForce GT 740
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Does any one had success or advice in building a PC to run OSX 10.10 with these components:
Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 i7-4790K
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GT 740
Crucial Ballistix 16GB

I am new to this forum and building the systems, so if there are any treads on this already please would you forward them to this post.

Thanks,
Fusion15

Hi, thanks for your speedy reply. Yes you are right I should read up more on it but I am in the situation where I need to set up a system in short time.

I think you advice is correct on the motherboard and I subsequently found this thread (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...yosemite-ga-z97x-ud3h-i7-4790k-gtx-960-a.html) which reassured me that I was not completely mistaken in the setup.

I have since also learned the Nvidia cards are not functioning very well with video editing which is why I am building the system. so I think I will change to a different card and I was looking at the AMD 280X Graphic Card - would the process of installing with MultiBeast change dramatically to the one described in the thread above when I change the graphic card?

Thank you very much for replying and sorry for asking questions that I most likely could find easily with a bit of patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back