Contribute
Register

ASUS Sabertooth X79 recommended BIOS version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299- A II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I'm running a pretty stable ASUS Sabertooth X79/i7-3930k system with 10.8.1

I have had a couple of minor issues, firstly when I try to Overclock I will get a failure to overclock in the BIOS before boot up if I push the CPU above 4.2ghz which seems a tad conservative.

Secondly, the USB ports act wonky when I use them in conjunction with the Apple Display 27" that I have where I want to use the monitors as USB hubs. Essentially when I plug the USB plug from the monitor into the rear ports of the computer, it won't boot up and gets stuck on the BIOS screen.

I am wondering if any of this might possibly be warranting upgrading my motherboard BIOS. I have heard arguments both in favor or against doing so.

Right now, I'm running BIOS version 0906

The next step up would be 1009 and then 1104 beyond that. I have been warned to stay away from version 2002 and above since it converts the BIOS structure from .ROM to .CAP for Windows 8 functionality...which apparently screws things up with OS X.

I am looking for advice on what is a confusing topic with many differing views. Searching the various threads I have not been able to gain much info.

Can you guys please share what BIOS version you are currently running, and if it's stable and you're happy with it or if you wish you could simply go backwards to a previous version?

Thank you!

Nuthin' huh?

Any input on this? I need to know this as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back