Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z590E

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Feartech yup i see this i know why confusion i never got answered...

exactly what type do i mark a (number wise) USB 2.0 HUB and what type # do i mark a USB 3.0 HUB?
Common port connector types are USB2 = 0, USB3 = 3, internal = 255.

i didnt need a link to your guide again. i just needed the answer as i was confused if a hub should be marked by what speed it is or if it should be marked as internal and im already on custom SSDTS but ive tried with generic SSDTs too

i didnt need a link to your guide again. i just needed the answer as i was confused if a hub should be marked by what speed it is or if it should be marked as internal and im already on custom SSDTS but ive tried with generic SSDTs too
it is not my guide

using a generic ssdt is probably not the best idea

sorry for trying to help you in pointing you in the correct direction

good luck

@Feartech you cant just answer my question???????? do hubs get marked as internal or the speed that they are as far as type goes????

Anyways im trying this mapping now... hopefully i got the last few extra 255s correct since you couldnt just answer my question cuz im a noob..

Attachments

• UTBMap.kext.zip
    952 bytes · Views: 46
Last edited:
@Feartech you cant just answer my question???????? do hubs get marked as internal or the speed that they are as far as type goes????

Steady on!

Hubs are attached to a root port, but it depends on the controller chip in the hub as to how you configure that root port.

Note: All hubs cause wake-from-sleep issues.

If you have a motherboard header attached to a hub with external ports then treat it as a USB3 or USB2 port depending on what the header provides. Bear in mind USB3 has different power delivery - to support a hub for example - to USB2.

If it is an internal hub for things like ITE, LED or Bluetooth then configure it as Internal.

No need to become angry at people trying to help.

Steady on!

Hubs are attached to a root port, but it depends on the controller chip in the hub as to how you configure that root port.

Note: All hubs cause wake-from-sleep issues.

If you have a motherboard header attached to a hub with external ports then treat it as a USB3 or USB2 port depending on what the header provides. Bear in mind USB3 has different power delivery - to support a hub for example - to USB2.

If it is an internal hub for things like ITE, LED or Bluetooth then configure it as Internal.

No need to become angry at people trying to help.
I did not get angry I just asked a question and he avoided it by redirecting me elsewhere and it didnt answer my question is all...anyways thank you for your help....

in regards to an ITE would that be an ASM107x be 255 then?

The latest UTBMap.kext i just uploaded a little bit above failed for monterey and im using custom SSDTs as well already so hopefully its the ITE mixup above, otherwise I think im gonna try installing from catalina upwards ive had luck with past systems doing that lmao!

I did not get angry I just asked a question and he avoided it by redirecting me elsewhere and it didnt answer my question is all...

No-one is compelled to answer your questions in detail, so referring you to the correct guidance - and they don't get more correct than @RehabMan 's - is a helpful thing to do. Sometimes people can't find the necessary information on such a large site.

To address your original questions:

1) IOUSBHostDevice (haven't been able to figure out what this is) should this be 255?
2) AURA LED Controller this I assume 255?
3) ASM107x I assume mark as USB3 since that's what all the ports are attached to that hub
4) USB 2.0 Hub should be marked as USB2?
5) USB Audio internal 255?

1) Leave alone.
2) Yes.
3) Yes. Both HS10 and SS08 are allocated to the four-port back-panel hub, so USB3. Although ASUS do not explain that on their Tech Specs page for your motherboard, it is the logical conclusion.
4) I do not know what the USB2 hub is. Do you have an external hub connected there? Is it one connected to a motherboard header? What does it provide?
5) Yes, as your motherboard uses the ALC4080 onboard USB audio codec.

Some people will tell you that any internal header should be set as Internal/255(FF). I disagree.

Yes, as @Feartech originally suggested, it's a good idea to install an early version of Catalina macOS, set up your USB ports using the XhciPortLimit quirk (it worked back then) and USBInjectAll.kext. Then do any updates you want because the USBPorts.kext (or whatever you create) will keep working.

No-one is compelled to answer your questions in detail, so referring you to the correct guidance - and they don't get more correct than @RehabMan 's - is a helpful thing to do. Sometimes people can't find the necessary information on such a large site.

To address your original questions:

1) IOUSBHostDevice (haven't been able to figure out what this is) should this be 255?
2) AURA LED Controller this I assume 255?
3) ASM107x I assume mark as USB3 since that's what all the ports are attached to that hub
4) USB 2.0 Hub should be marked as USB2?
5) USB Audio internal 255?

1) Leave alone.
2) Yes.
3) Yes. Both HS10 and SS08 are allocated to the four-port back-panel hub, so USB3. Although ASUS do not explain that on their Tech Specs page for your motherboard, it is the logical conclusion.
4) I do not know what the USB2 hub is. Do you have an external hub connected there? Is it one connected to a motherboard header? What does it provide?
5) Yes, as your motherboard uses the ALC4080 onboard USB audio codec.

Some people will tell you that any internal header should be set as Internal/255(FF). I disagree.

Yes, as @Feartech originally suggested, it's a good idea to install an early version of Catalina macOS, set up your USB ports using the XhciPortLimit quirk (it worked back then) and USBInjectAll.kext. Then do any updates you want because the USBPorts.kext (or whatever you create) will keep working.
A newer tool called USBToolBox has come out that works in windows and I hear it works quite well, im not sure yet still playing with it. to answer your questions.....

The USB 2.0 HUB is on my case so its a connector to my motherboard. Also the IOUSBHOstDevice is actually something with bluetooth... Im mentioning this because while installing Catalina I was paying attaching to the installer logs and mostly normal but when attempting to install Big Sur or Monterey it was almost nearly spamming powerd assertion errors for bluetooth I wonder if that's a big problem for me as much as mapping is?

A newer tool called USBToolBox has come out that works in windows and I hear it works quite well, im not sure yet still playing with it. to answer your questions.....

The USB 2.0 HUB is on my case so its a connector to my motherboard. Also the IOUSBHOstDevice is actually something with bluetooth... Im mentioning this because while installing Catalina I was paying attaching to the installer logs and mostly normal but when attempting to install Big Sur or Monterey it was almost nearly spamming powerd assertion errors for bluetooth I wonder if that's a big problem for me as much as mapping is?

Good luck with USBToolBox.

For case ports connected to a motherboard header, I recommend setting the header root port as either USB3 or USB2 depending on its maximum capabilities.

To determine the use of IOUSBHostDevice you would use the IORegistryExplorer.app. If you get stuck, as long as you use version 2.1 of the app, you can upload an *.ioreg export file and we will check it for you.

I would not expect this to be Bluetooth. (But strange things happen...)

Hey guys I think im finally starting to get somewhere well not really..... When attempting a fresh install of Big Sur 11.5.2 usb boot disk utility to APFS on a Samsung 860 EVO regular SSD start install sloppy reboot but the install continued none the less i kept a close eye on the screen and I noticed that it spammed disk is write locked and rebooted and it hosed the install on me. What is that i've never seen that error before!

Update: just read somewhere this could be caused by wifi and/or Bluetooth so I disabled both in bios and giving it another go……

Well no ****! Big Sur installed! Turns out it was either the wifi or the bluetooth after I disabled in bios it installed fine!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back