Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
For those planning to build a hackintosh with more recent hardware, just wanna let you guys know that I just successfully build my second hackintosh with an ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E motherboard. Those who have been hesitating to get this board, you can go ahead now! I'll put down my hardware list down below. Cheers~

Hardware List:
CPU: Intel i7-10700K 3.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming Wi-Fi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT
Ethernet: Intel i225-V 2.5GB ethernet (Patching in accordance with OC guide)
Wi-Fi + BT: Fenvi T919 (Onboard Wi-Fi and BT not supported)
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO

Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 6.38.56 PM.png

What you forgot to mention is that you are using the IGPU in a Headless state or have disabled it in the BIOS, i.e. your RX6800 XT, is dealing with all the graphics processing.

If you are relying solely on the IGPU for graphics, then the Z590 board is not a good choice. As full IGPU acceleration is not possible at this time and possibly never will be achievable on the 500-series motherboard.

What you forgot to mention is that you are using the IGPU in a Headless state or have disabled it in the BIOS, i.e. your RX6800 XT, is dealing with all the graphics processing.

If you are relying solely on the IGPU for graphics, then the Z590 board is not a good choice. As full IGPU acceleration is not possible at this time and possibly never will be achievable on the 500-series motherboard.
Thanks for the supplementary info. No I was unable to patch iGPU for full HWAccel. I was actually planning on this until I find it's quite impossible, then I went on and purchased the 6800 XT dGPU.

So in short, I'd say go for the board if you are planning for a natively supported dGPU. I tried both iMac20,1 (As per OC guide) and iMac Pro1,1 SMBIOS, both work fine without any problem.

Hi mate,
Currently im having the same mother board
Different OS (i did like more at this moment catalina)
And different components like:

• Wi-Fi + BT = card BCM94331CD
  • RAM: Kingston HyperX RAM Predator RGB 32GB
  • GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2 GB
  • CPU: 3.7 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
  • SSD: WD Black Sn750 NVME M.2

All this components seems to be working fine , im booting and have my system currently working well as expected, but from time to time im experiencing usb ports freeze up ,i have tried the intel usb mapping guide section on OpenCore but steel persist the problem .

If you could share to me your BIOS Configuration and your EFI folder i'll be eternally grateful
    Im pretty stuck here and i hate when im on a videocall using my airpords and suddenly all stop working :(

The best of all

For those planning to build a hackintosh with more recent hardware, just wanna let you guys know that I just successfully build my second hackintosh with an ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E motherboard. Those who have been hesitating to get this board, you can go ahead now! I'll put down my hardware list down below. Cheers~

Hardware List:
CPU: Intel i7-10700K 3.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming Wi-Fi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT
Ethernet: Intel i225-V 2.5GB ethernet (Patching in accordance with OC guide)
Wi-Fi + BT: Fenvi T919 (Onboard Wi-Fi and BT not supported)
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO

View attachment 525446
Can you link the EFI file I am having a lot of trouble with my MB for Big Sur

Hi mate,
Currently im having the same mother board
Different OS (i did like more at this moment catalina)
And different components like:

• Wi-Fi + BT = card BCM94331CD
  • RAM: Kingston HyperX RAM Predator RGB 32GB
  • GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2 GB
  • CPU: 3.7 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
  • SSD: WD Black Sn750 NVME M.2

All this components seems to be working fine , im booting and have my system currently working well as expected, but from time to time im experiencing usb ports freeze up ,i have tried the intel usb mapping guide section on OpenCore but steel persist the problem .

If you could share to me your BIOS Configuration and your EFI folder i'll be eternally grateful
    Im pretty stuck here and i hate when im on a videocall using my airpords and suddenly all stop working :(

The best of all
Hey Zida,

Sorry for the late reply, been quite busy recently. have you tried using the USBMap Master to do a proper USB mapping? I just followed the OC guide to set up my BIOS (pretty much changed nothing!), didn't run into much trouble with BIOS so I don't think that is the problem. Are you using a Fenvi card btw? I think it might be the problem with kext & BT card interaction. Anyway I have my config.plist attached here for you. My OC version is 0.7.1

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.7 KB · Views: 319
Can you link the EFI file I am having a lot of trouble with my MB for Big Sur
Hey mate sorry for late reply, here's my config.plist for you. Hope it can help you, coz I think a lot of the setup are different from a MB.

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.7 KB · Views: 232
Hey mate sorry for late reply, here's my config.plist for you. Hope it can help you, coz I think a lot of the setup are different from a MB.
could you please send the EFI folder I can't find all the certain items you had in yours to make my own?

soooooo z590s are never gonna have igpu support?

soooooo z590s are never gonna have igpu support?
Maybe but since Apple doesn't have drivers its unlikely until that will happen until they do. AKA don't hold your breath or buy a supported graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back