Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E Board is hackintosh ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but since Apple doesn't have drivers its unlikely until that will happen until they do. AKA don't hold your breath or buy a supported graphics card.
problem is "support graphics card is" Radeon RX 5700 XT which is like $1700 not affordable for me at all lmao!

problem is "support graphics card is" Radeon RX 5700 XT which is like $1700 not affordable for me at all lmao!
You and everyone else has that issue, I just bought a newly supported 6600XT for $550 through. It's faster than a 5700XT but you need to run the 12.1 beta for the time being to get driver support.

You and everyone else has that issue, I just bought a newly supported 6600XT for $550 through. It's faster than a 5700XT but you need to run the 12.1 beta for the time being to get driver support.
hmmmmmm... like i REALLY wanna keep this rog strix z590 board because well its really nice upgrade for me, but i dont know if I wanna lose mac os support tho at least for the time being!!

For those planning to build a hackintosh with more recent hardware, just wanna let you guys know that I just successfully build my second hackintosh with an ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E motherboard. Those who have been hesitating to get this board, you can go ahead now! I'll put down my hardware list down below. Cheers~

Hardware List:
CPU: Intel i7-10700K 3.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming Wi-Fi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT
Ethernet: Intel i225-V 2.5GB ethernet (Patching in accordance with OC guide)
Wi-Fi + BT: Fenvi T919 (Onboard Wi-Fi and BT not supported)
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO

View attachment 525446
Any chance I can get your EFI folder? Just got the same board waiting on my Sapphire RX 580 to come in!

EFI folder I can't find all the certain items you had in yours to make my own?

could you please send the EFI folder I can't find all the certain items you had in yours to make my own?

Hey sorry for the delay, haven't been here for a while. This is my latest EFI, I just updated from Big Sur to Monterey 12.1 with OC0.7.6. Hope it helps, cheers~

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    46.5 MB · Views: 488
Any chance I can get your EFI folder? Just got the same board waiting on my Sapphire RX 580 to come in!
Hey mate I just attached my EFI in the above post, see if it would help you, cheers~

Hey dude thanks for replying but I finally got it working turns out the problem I was having (at least on my board) was leaving bluetooth enabled for Big Sur and up installations it was crashing it.. Now that im on 12.1 I have some hope that maybe bluetooth can be enabled somehow....... I heard Apple redid alot of bluetooth stuff in Monterery 12.1

Hey dude thanks for replying but I finally got it working turns out the problem I was having (at least on my board) was leaving bluetooth enabled for Big Sur and up installations it was crashing it.. Now that im on 12.1 I have some hope that maybe bluetooth can be enabled somehow....... I heard Apple redid alot of bluetooth stuff in Monterery 12.1
Hey man, I cannot help you with that either. I am using a Fenvi T919 BT card, but if I recall correctly i couldn't get the onboard BT to work properly. Even when it is permanently on, it couldn't really connect to any BT devices.

Hey sorry for the delay, haven't been here for a while. This is my latest EFI, I just updated from Big Sur to Monterey 12.1 with OC0.7.6. Hope it helps, cheers~
Hello MKAviator

Thanks for uploading your efi , now im able to see all my USB ports in the right spot , but after some time my setup still froze all the USB ports , if i connect my self via a wifi mobile mouse im still able to manipulate the computer. But still being a mystery to me why am i getting a USB freeze error :(

For those planning to build a hackintosh with more recent hardware, just wanna let you guys know that I just successfully build my second hackintosh with an ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E motherboard. Those who have been hesitating to get this board, you can go ahead now! I'll put down my hardware list down below. Cheers~

Hardware List:
CPU: Intel i7-10700K 3.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming Wi-Fi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT
Ethernet: Intel i225-V 2.5GB ethernet (Patching in accordance with OC guide)
Wi-Fi + BT: Fenvi T919 (Onboard Wi-Fi and BT not supported)
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO

View attachment 525446
Hi,
Your hackintosh is very nice.
I also have i7 10700k and I am planning to buy z590 e gaming.
1 I am just wondering whether your hackintosh is stable. Have you ever experienced any freeze issues or usb drop problems.
2 Can I still use smbios imac20,1 on z590? If so would the igpu still work properly?
Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back