1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi!
I am looking to upgrade my hackintosh and was really interested in the ROG STRIX Z590-A. I haven't seen anyone use this board yet so I was wondering if there were any obvious reasons why this board wouldn't work with Big Sur.
I will be using it with an 11700K and I know that the iGPU won't be usable and that thunderbolt 4 might need some work if I ever need it, but as far as the USB ports and audio support etc goes, should this motherboard work? Obviously I'm not asking for a guarantee but I'd like to know if there are glaring issues.
Thank you for your time and help!

Hi!
I am looking to upgrade my hackintosh and was really interested in the ROG STRIX Z590-A. I haven't seen anyone use this board yet so I was wondering if there were any obvious reasons why this board wouldn't work with Big Sur.

I will be using it with an 11700K and I know that the iGPU won't be usable and that thunderbolt 4 might need some work if I ever need it, but as far as the USB ports and audio support etc goes, should this motherboard work? Obviously I'm not asking for a guarantee but I'd like to know if there are glaring issues.
Thank you for your time and help!
From preliminary evidence from other people here it seems that Z590 motherboards and 11th generation CPUs should work with Big Sur at least.

You should try to search for other people who are using this combination for more details. I am sure there are a few.

From preliminary evidence from other people here it seems that Z590 motherboards and 11th generation CPUs should work with Big Sur at least.

You should try to search for other people who are using this combination for more details. I am sure there are a few.
I decided to grab it and give it a shot. Worst case scenario is I have to return it. I'll post if it works out or I can't get it to work! Thanks!

Did you try this motherboard, did it work?

It boots but I haven’t really had time to mess with USB, audio, sleep, and Ethernet etc etc etc basically anything fancy. I’m using a separate fenvi WiFi/Bluetooth card so I can’t comment on its WiFi support.
I’ll update this thread once I’m done.

It boots but I haven’t really had time to mess with USB, audio, sleep, and Ethernet etc etc etc basically anything fancy. I’m using a separate fenvi WiFi/Bluetooth card so I can’t comment on its WiFi support.
I’ll update this thread once I’m done.
By any chance you can share your EFI?

I have same hardware, it after switching to new motherboard and process just receiving LoadImage failed - unsupported error.

By any chance you can share your EFI?

I have same hardware, it after switching to new motherboard and process just receiving LoadImage failed - unsupported error.
Yeah! I am not home right now but I'll reply to you with my EFI tomorrow.

Thank you! I'll wait for you files :)
I'm sorry it took so long. This is the exact EFI that I use, except I removed the identifiers such as serial numbers etc so you'll have to add them in on your own. Keep in mind that I have an extra GPU disabled so if you have issues with that I'd follow the dortania guide and just do the opposite of the instructions for disabling a GPU. I also spent forever finding bad rtc regions and finally just blacklisted everything from 57-F5 so hopefully that works ok. I also have my own USB map applied so you may want to remove it, use USBInjectAll, and make your own map.
Hopefully this helps!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 403
I'm sorry it took so long. This is the exact EFI that I use, except I removed the identifiers such as serial numbers etc so you'll have to add them in on your own. Keep in mind that I have an extra GPU disabled so if you have issues with that I'd follow the dortania guide and just do the opposite of the instructions for disabling a GPU. I also spent forever finding bad rtc regions and finally just blacklisted everything from 57-F5 so hopefully that works ok. I also have my own USB map applied so you may want to remove it, use USBInjectAll, and make your own map.
Hopefully this helps!
Thank you so much. going to try it right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back