Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds to me like your IGPU is not enabled. Please check your bios and make sure they are like this:

It was definitely enabled like that, I needed to do that or I had no preview for images etc. I have posted in your guide thread, I think we are getting somewhere, I just need to test with Ableton, thanks again :)

This is no longer the case. My Dell DW1560 works perfectly with hand-off and everything else.
I'm using a Dell 1560 and continuity works perfectly..
Actually, continuity is partly working, but I cannot use my Apple Watch to unlock macOS.

@pastrychef and anyone who can help. I am trying to help 2 people using Z390s with MSI Radeon 560s booting to black. I had a similar issue during my first install leading me to believe that the standard 14.2 platform Id is an issue but others say it it is the most common.

I suspect they are having a having a FrameBuffer issue which seems to be confirmed by one person having different information in Hackintool CPU info and Framebuffer info.

I am thinking they need to use a platform Id 18.3 to boot, I am using 18.1. Is that correct? As to the actual platform id do they need to enter it here or is this no longer necessary? Are there any other tips or tricks you can suggest?

They are both trying to use my EFI to boot but I have an RX-580 pulse.

Lastly, they do not have network access when installing, does that need to be enabled?

Thanks!

@pastrychef and anyone who can help. I am trying to help 2 people using Z390s with MSI Radeon 560s booting to black. I had a similar issue during my first install leading me to believe that the standard 14.2 platform Id is an issue but others say it it is the most common.

I suspect they are having a having a FrameBuffer issue which seems to be confirmed by one person having different information in Hackintool CPU info and Framebuffer info.

I am thinking they need to use a platform Id 18.3 to boot, I am using 18.1. Is that correct? As to the actual platform id do they need to enter it here or is this no longer necessary? Are there any other tips or tricks you can suggest?

They are both trying to use my EFI to boot but I have an RX-580 pulse.

View attachment 391213

Lastly, they do not have network access when installing, does that need to be enabled?

Thanks!

You can use iMac14,2 for initial setup and switch after installation is done.

You are using the older method to inject ig-platform-id. Try using the the newer method which is in config.plist > Devices > Properties.

Also, what connection are you using to connect the monitor? DisplayPort? HDMI? Usually, DisplayPort is the least problematic.

I don't know if network is a necessity, I always have my systems connected to network when installing.

@pastrychef I did not actually use that method, I was just asking for the correct way to do it. The most frustrating thing about Hackintoshing is how quickly things get deprecated to the "the old way of doing things" yet the bulk of the advice is on precisely that. Luckily there are veterans like you to help!

I am advising them to plug into the DVI port of the 560, if they have a cable. Now for the litany of questions:

1) When I used the standard UniBeast install method, I would always boot to black. Seeing as 14.2 is the standard I am wondering if that is the issue for myself and others on this platform. What do you think?

2) Is the new method necessary for me if my system is working perfectly? Is it a good 'safety?

3) Could the new method be the key to fixing the boot to black screen issue on Z390 with RX580 or RX 560?

Thanks!

@pastrychef I did not actually use that method, I was just asking for the correct way to do it. The most frustrating thing about Hackintoshing is how quickly things get deprecated to the "the old way of doing things" yet the bulk of the advice is on precisely that. Luckily there are veterans like you to help!

I am advising them to plug into the DVI port of the 560, if they have a cable. Now for the litany of questions:

1) When I used the standard UniBeast install method, I would always boot to black. Seeing as 14.2 is the standard I am wondering if that is the issue for myself and others on this platform. What do you think?

2) Is the new method necessary for me if my system is working perfectly? Is it a good 'safety?

3) Could the new method be the key to fixing the boot to black screen issue on Z390 with RX580 or RX 560?

Thanks!

I've been under the impression that it's best to try DisplayPort first. If not possible, try HDMI. DVI would be my last choice and I would not even bother attempting VGA.

iMac14,2 should not require IGPU to be enabled. I view iMac14,2 as sort of a least common denominator. It should work for most installations but after installation, users should select a system definition that best matches their CPU.

I don't know if the old method of injecting ig-platform-id has been completely depreciated, I started adopting the new method once I became aware of it and never looked back. You should not have any issues switching over.

Do you see anything at all when trying to install with the RX 560 or is it just black from the get go?

Remember to install emulated NVRAM with any Z390 system.

@pastrychef Oops, forgot to say that we do see the clover boot screen but when the OSX progress bar starts to fill, there is a flash, and then the screen goes black, leading me to believe it is a graphics issue.

This is the same issue I had originally.

@pastrychef Oops, forgot to say that we do see the clover boot screen but when the OSX progress bar starts to fill, there is a flash, and then the screen goes black, leading me to believe it is a graphics issue.

This is the same issue I had originally.

Hmm. You may need to wait a bit to see if it starts displaying anything after the loading is complete. Monitor the disk activity light if the computer has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back