Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm also really hoping for this golden build guide.

My Hardware is:
  • ASUS ROG Strix z390-I Gaming
  • i7-9700k
  • Samsung Evo 970 500 GB
  • Saphire + RX 580
I followed the original Install OSX 10.14 Guide so far, got stuck in Step 4.8
"8. Upon completion, the system will automatically restart."

Got into these Problems so far:
- Install Mojave freezes at 2 min left
-> fixed deleting the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
- Install Mojave crashed while rebooting the 2nd time
-> fixed placing Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in the EFI/CLOVER/kext/other

With that fixed i can go a step further by choosing different Boot options in Clover:

- Clover shows me 5 Options at the moment i can boot to:
1. "External" Boot macOS from Install macOS Mojave -> brings me back to step 4.4
2. "APFS" Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot -> gets stuck at Apple Logo and about 60% loaded bar
3. "APFS" Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot -> striked through circle
4. "APFS" Boot macOS from Mojave -> gets stuck at Apple Logo and 75% loaded bar
5. "Recovery" Boot Recovery from Recovery -> brings me back to Step 4.4 (but now i even have a 6th option)
-> 6. "APFS" Boot macOS Install from Mojave -> gets stuck on Apple Logo and 60% loaded bar

- My Memory is Corsair Vengance DDR4 3000Mhz but in Bios it shows as DDR4 2150Mhz
-> I can manually change this, but i haven't noticed any difference...

Things I also tryed:
  • Installing from 64GB or 16 GB USB stick
  • some different Bios Settings
  • Creating a Install macOS drive with UniBeast 9.1.0 and the settings from above
so, if you have any Idea of what I am doing wrong or what i should try next pls reply.

Or if you have the same / similar Hardware and got it working and are really awesome post some guide what you did in order t get it working

Thanks in advance

I´m having the same problem, unable to install Mojave as it freezes at 2min left or not finishing installing and rebooting.

@ModMike Could you please share your EFI folder?

Last edited:
I wrote @Magmar01 a huge long post with instructions and my EFI folder and everything but it looks like it was deleted. I spent over 1 hour getting screens shots posting it, cleaning my EFI and posting it but I think the moderators don't let you post information that does not use unibeast as the installer. Can anyone confirm that my post was deleted? I put a lot of work into it but I don't want to get banned.

Last edited:
I wrote @Magmar01 a huge long post with instructions and my EFI folder and everything but it looks like it was deleted. I spent over 1 hour getting screens shots posting it, cleaning my EFI and posting it but I think the moderators don't let you post information that does not use unibeast as the installer. Can anyone confirm that my post was deleted? I put a lot of work into it but I don't want to get banned.

I haven´t seen anything...

Last edited:
For those having trouble booting into OSX....

I just dropped my EFI into the EFI portion of the USB install disk that was created with UniBeast, and it booted fine. The EFI partition on the USB is FAT32. To do this in Windows:

1. Plug the USB drive in a Windows machine and mount the EFI portion of the USB drive
  2. Erase the EFI folder on the USB drives EFI partition
  3. Download and unzip the EFI folder I attached in post #386
  4. Open the EFI folder you unzipped and check that you see all the appropriate files.
  5. If all is good, copy the EFI folder into your USBs EFI portion so that all it contains is the folder called EFI
  6. Boot to your BIOS and set the UEFI USB drive as the boot drive
  7. Boot into Clover and select the install disk
  8. Install Mojave
  9. In my case, UniBeast did not install Clover on the EFI partition. To fix this:
    1. reboot from your USB install drive but select your macOS partition as the boot disk.
    2. Download Clover Configurator
    3. Launch Clover Configurator and click on the Mount EFI button in the middle of the left hand pane
    4. Select your macOS EFI partition
    5. Repeat and select your USB drives' EFI portion so that both EFI portions are mounted
    6. Copy the EFI folder form the USB drives' EFI partition to your Macintosh HD EFI partition
    7. Remove USB drive and reboot to your bios
    8. Select UEFIXXXXXX partition on your hard drive as the boot disk
    9. Select Save and exit
    10. If everything is good, you should boot into macOS

Notes

1) I am not sure if this was a glitch on my system, but, when I unzipped the file in Windows, I had an EFI folder within the EFI folder. That's the one you need to copy.

Last edited:
@ModMike It worked! Now I have Mojave installed, but need to test what is working and what is not.
I plugged my Ethernet cable but it is not showing on Network. Did you install any drivers from MultiBeast?
And how could I set the boot screen so I don´t need to plug the USB every time to boot into macOS?

Regards

1. You don't need to to install anything from MultiBeast as I already did that in the EFI folder I gave you.
  2. If you have the exact same board as me, everything should work, from Audio, to Sleep, to Ethernet.
  3. I even have iMessage, Facetime, and handoff working but you need a Dell 1560 or similar wifi card for this to work. This is a bear to install so refer to Pastrychef's guide to get this working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back