ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I'm using Hackintosh with this setup.

MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K
GPU: ASUS DUAL-RX580-O8G

It can be booted, however, only sleep is not functional.

When the display connected to HDMI Port on RX580 with 4K60Hz, it shows nothing (display cannot recognise the Hackintosh) after computer sleeps and wakes.

Do you have any ideas?

(Sorry for my bad English)

Hey guys, I got some question,

How did you guys get through the installation?
I followed this guide:

But I got stuck after I boot into the installer. The Apple logo will appear. Then, after the loading bar gets to 60%, it will change from the Apple logo to error symbol instead. What should I do?

thx

I want to be able to download or have Time Machine run backups during sleep. What dark mode should I use? I found a list of settings but no explanation as to what each does. I got these from this post but summarized here for easy reference:

Darkwake modes available in Clover configurator:

Code:
darkwake=0 -
darkwake=1 HIDTickleEarly
darkwake=2 HIDTickleLate
darkwake=3 HIDTickleNone
darkwake=4 IgnoreDiskIOInDark
darkwake=8 IgnoreDiskIOAlways
darkwake=10 HIDTickleLate | IgnoreDiskIOAlways

Other modes:

darkwake=5 HIDTickleEarly | IgnoreDiskIOInDark
darkwake=6 HIDTickleLate | IgnoreDiskIOInDark
darkwake=7 HIDTickleNone | IgnoreDiskIOInDark
darkwake=9 HIDTickleEarly | IgnoreDiskIOAlways
darkwake=11 HIDTickleNone | IgnoreDiskIOAlways
darkwake=12 * IgnoreDiskIOInDark | IgnoreDiskIOAlways
darkwake=13 * HIDTickleEarly | IgnoreDiskIOInDark | IgnoreDiskIOAlways
darkwake=14 * HIDTickleLate | IgnoreDiskIOInDark | IgnoreDiskIOAlways
darkwake=15 * HIDTickleNone | IgnoreDiskIOInDark | IgnoreDiskIOAlways
* Likely not valid

Thanks!

Edit: I figured out my USB issue so I shortened the post to reflect the remaining issue.

Last edited:
I'm an ASUS motherboard fan boy, but I hear very good things about the Gigabyte. You really don't have to do much; it's pretty automated.

I would recommend getting a used Dell DW1560 WiFi card on Amazon to replace the one on the motherboard. The Intel one that comes with the motherboard isn't compatible. On the ASUS motherboard it was an easy and perfect fit. There are plenty of new Chinese ones available but I preferred to go with known used one and not wait 3 weeks to get it. I paid half what they are asking now so look around.

The only issue I initially had was that after the install was complete, Clover would not install on the SSD for some reason. I needed to do a manual install, and it was pretty much clear sailing from there. I had a few minor issues but the forum was great, especially @pastrychef and a few others.

If you get the ASUS feel free to ping me for help. In fact I wouldn't mind doing a Golden Build post a la @pastrychef so we could validate the install steps.

Edit: The only intricate part was getting continuity and messaging to work. Lot's of steps but it worked.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the great info.

Is it possible to install this WiFi card if both M.2 slots already have drives in them?

Also, was anyone able to get Sleep/Shutdown/Reboot working properly? I don't know where to start with this.

Last edited:
Here's my SSDT for USB, put it in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, which will limit USB ports within 15 ports.
Notice: Due to 15 ports limits, one of the Front USB Port can only read USB3.0.

@dmdacc Just finished going through the SSDT and it was perfect, nice work. Everything is working great but I have a few last questions on USB.

1) Do we still need the following entries in the DSDT:

2) How do I get USB 3.1 to work? Do I need an additional kext such as XHCI-unsupported.kext for the 300 series controller or is USBInjectAll.kext all I need?

Thanks!

Last edited:
@dmdacc Just finished going through the SSDT and it was perfect, nice work. Everything is working great but I have a few last questions on USB.

1) Do we still need the following entries in the DSDT:

View attachment 388286

2) How do I get USB 3.1 to work? Do I need an additional kext such as XHCI-unsupported.kext for the 300 series controller or is USBInjectAll.kext all I need?

Thanks!

I keep XHC name changing in DSDT, and you need add SS02 to SSDT to make USB 3.1 work.

I keep XHC name changing in DSDT, and you need add SS02 to SSDT to make USB 3.1 work.

Seeing as we are at the 15 port limit, it means I need to sacrifice something else correct? Isn't there a kext that gets rid of the 15 port limit?

Seeing as we are at the 15 port limit, it means I need to sacrifice something else correct? Isn't there a kext that gets rid of the 15 port limit?
There do have a unlock 15 ports limit patch, but may be invalid after system update. You can search the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back