Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, the only guarantee you will get is that I will help to the best of my ability.

That being said, I gave my MacBook to my daughter and haven’t looked back.

Finally, I strongly recommend you look at the Western Digital Black NVMe SSD. I have the EVO 970 and the Western Digital. It’s not only cheaper, but also as fast as the Samsung EVO 970.

Last edited:
Haha all good, was tongue-in-cheek, and the one I was looking at was the WD blue would that still work?

Yes but it is much slower.

Hey @ModMike
There is enough of us first responders to the Z390 motherboards to now have it ironed out.
I have compared a lot of ASUS Z390 builds and I find that the bios, clover, SMBIOS settings are almost Identical across ASUS motherboard product lines. The only differences I’m seeing is USB and audio, all doable.

@headkaze - Hackintool is by far the best/easiest tool for setting graphics and USB up. My ASUS Tuf Z390M-Pro (Mojave 14.2) required a newly created AppleALC by @toleda. At this point there is nothing not working except where I didn’t buy the hardware, (BlueTooth and Video Card).

I am also running a i7-8700K. This thing over clocks easy with no temperature issues (at least mine @4800 all cores synced, (Air cooled old (CoolMaster).

Geekbench score of 30K. I noticed similar performance from the new i5-9500K. It has 8 cores to my 6. Yet, i7-8700k is a great product keeping up to i5-9500K’s 8 cores. I probably should have bought that. I believe it was $80 cheaper than what I paid for the i7-8700K.
With the knowledge I have now I would have made a few minor purchase differences. It’s all good!

Last edited:
Update: returned the Z370N and got the Z390I. Just waiting now to save up for the CPU and SSD.

Is there a sub-$100 or $100ish Intel CPU I could use with this motherboard to get running? If so I could buy that and just get this system running and swap the cpu's down the line.

Is there a sub-$100 or $100ish Intel CPU I could use with this motherboard to get running? If so I could buy that and just get this system running and swap the cpu's down the line.

Has to be coffee lake 300 series.
The cheapest cpu is the i3 8100. Prices range from $109.99 eBay to $118.00 Amazon. Both brand new.

Has to be coffee lake 300 series.
The cheapest cpu is the i3 8100. Prices range from $109.99 eBay to $118.00 Amazon. Both brand new.
How difficult would changing the CPU be down the line? Is it just a physical swap nothing else?

I didn't because everything wasn't ironed out. But, if you get the ASUS, I will write the post, and you can validate the steps. I will write each one out, and you can validate them as you go along.
@ModMike just ordered the CPU, should have everything for my build by end of next week by the latest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back