Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok will do. By the way, I am using an 8700K, do i need a different machine name? Your EFI is set to 18,3.

Thanks again.
You should copy my EFI to the EFI on your 970 EVO m.2 drive, and bios set boot from UEFI on 970 EVO m.2.

Sorry to be so tiring, I just had rotator cuff surgery and the pain killers are making me goofy. Do you happen to have a handy dandy terminal command line for doing that?

If you are wondering why I am doing this after surgery, I promised my daughter my laptop and she has been waiting a year to get it. I also start a new job tomorrow. Talk about pressure!

Ok will do. By the way, I am using an 8700K, do i need a different machine name? Your EFI is set to 18,3.

Thanks again.

Sorry to be so tiring, I just had rotator cuff surgery and the pain killers are making me goofy. Do you happen to have a handy dandy terminal command line for doing that?

If you are wondering why I am doing this after surgery, I promised my daughter my laptop and she has been waiting a year to get it. I also start a new job tomorrow. Talk about pressure!

If you only use iGPU, you should use Clover Configurator to mount EFI and change machine name to 18,1. 18,3 works better with AMD dGPU.

@dmdacc I made the changes you suggested but I am still not booting the NVMe. In fact the NVMe is not even an option.

The community tools are incredible, and I really appreciate you helping me as much as you did but this is way more troublesome than the last Hackintosh I built 7 years ago.

When I started this thread, the prospect of building a new hackintosh was exciting but now I am just worn out. As much as it's killing me, I think it's time for me give in to Windows.

Thanks again.

@Skripo, don't give up too soon. The Z390 motherboards are new to hackintoshing, and you are one of the early adapters. Keep it up. More will learn from your efforts.

@Skripo, don't give up too soon. The Z390 motherboards are new to hackintoshing, and you are one of the early adapters. Keep it up. More will learn from your efforts.
+1 it would be best to take some time off from working on this and come back to it later on when rested up and feeling better.

Thanks again.

This is a sign you should not be in a hurry. Doing this on meds isn't a good recipe for success. I'm sure your daughter will understand. It may be extra expense, but you might try putting that nvme in an external drive enclosure until you can get it setup. Be careful, the ones that work with NVME say so and run about $50 on amazon. They also use USB-C The cheap ones that run about $20 only work with SATA M.2 drives.

Thank you for the encouragement. When I got up this morning, your comment got me to sit down and understand what I was trying to do before I just blindly doing it.

I took the time to look through Clover configurator and understand how the system works. Once I was done, I used Unibeast to create an install, mounted the EFI partition, replaced the EFI with the one provided by @dmdacc, and finally installed the latest clover from sourceforge on it.

I then proceeded to redo the install but ran into the same issue, I was able to boot from internal, but only if i used the clover on the USB drive. For some reason the installer would not install Clover on my boot disk. Having been clued in to this fact by dmdccc, I copied all the files I would need to my install partition on my install usb disk.

I then installed clover and bingo was his name! Even sleep works!

I am now dealing with the last problem, which is no wifi, but that's another post.

To @pastrychef, @dmdacc and all who helped and encouraged me, thank you very much, my dream hackintosh is running!

Only problem is wifi. I installed a DW1560 and installed the DW1560 kext I found in dmdccc's EFI using Kext beast but no wifi or blue tooth, although the board shows up in system report as BCM20702A0 which is wrong I believe.

I suspect this is a usb problem, and am not sure how to proceed. I have been searching for a while and tried to follow a few guides but no luck so far.

Any tips?

Last edited:
To @pastrychef, @dmdacc and all who helped and encouraged me, thank you very much, my dream hackintosh is running!

Only problem is wifi. I installed a DW1560 and installed the DW1560 kext I found in dmdccc's EFI using Kext beast but no wifi or blue tooth, although the board shows up in system report.

I suspect this is a usb problem, and am not sure how to proceed. I have been searching for a while and tried to follow a few guides but no luck so far.

Any tips?

USB can affect the Bluetooth aspect, but not the Wi-Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back