Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dmdacc I made a new Mojave boot because the EFI folder disappeared on the old one. I am not sure I understand how to proceed. Do you have an EFI folder posted somewhere that I copy into the EFI?

Thanks.
Forgot to attach it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.4 MB · Views: 108
@dmdacc Just in time, was about to give up and install windows!

Do I just copy that to my Unibeast EFI partition? Also do you have the bios settings?

Thanks!
BIOS settings:
Set everything to default. Then set the following:
  • Advanced/CPU Configuration/Intel Virtualization Technology - Enabled
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/VT-d - Disabled
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/Primary Display - PCIE (This will not be available if you are only using UHD 630.)
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/iGPU Multi-Monitor - Enabled (This will not be available if you are only using UHD 630.)
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/RC6(Render Standby) - Enabled
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/DVMT Pre-Allocated - 192M (64M should also work)
  • Advanced/USB Configuration/Legacy USB Support - Enabled
  • Advanced/USB Configuration/USB Keyboard and Mouse Simulator - Disabled
  • Boot/CSM (Compatibility Support Module)/ Launch CSM - Enabled (Updated January 22, 2018: I originally used Disabled because it would allow Clover to boot in to the monitor's native resolution. Since then, I have found that Enabling CSM gives better compatibility with devices such as AQC107 and multi monitor support albeit at the loss of native resolution for the Clover boot menu. Bottom line, try both and use the one that works best with your hardware.)
  • Boot/Secure Boot/ OS Type - Other OS
  • (Optional)Ai Tweaker/Ai Overclock Tuner - XMP

So I finally decided on an 8700K after hearing the AMD rumours. I just couldn't stomach the bitch slap Intel pricing on the 9900K. I sincerely hope the AMD rumours are true to kick some pricing sense into Intel.

So any who....

I started the install and the machine froze with 2 minutes remaining. Can any of you with the ROG STRIX Z390 i-gaming give me some bios tips? What do I need to change or do to get this system to finish installing?

Thanks!

@dmdacc These options are no longer in Graphics Configuration:

• Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/RC6(Render Standby) - Enabled
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/DVMT Pre-Allocated - 192M (64M should also work)
Do you know where they went?

@dmdacc These options are no longer in Graphics Configuration:

Do you know where they went?

After doing this:
Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/iGPU Multi-Monitor - Enabled
Reboot, you will find them in BIOS

@dmdacc

I see your EFI has a newer version of clover so that seems to be helping things.

The install completes but it reboots back to EFI, it doesn't seem to be able to boot from my 970 EVO m.2 drive. Am I supposed to enable something for it to be detected as a boot drive?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

Bios settings I used so far:
  • Exit/ Load Optimum
  • Advanced/CPU Configuration/Intel Virtualization Technology - Enabled
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/VT-d - Disabled
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/Primary Display - PCIE (This will not be available if you are only using UHD 630.)
Reboot to activate following options

• Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/iGPU Multi-Monitor - Enabled (This will not be available if you are only using UHD 630.)
  • Advanced/USB Configuration/Legacy USB Support - Enabled
  • Advanced/USB Configuration/USB Keyboard and Mouse Simulator - Disabled
  • Boot/CSM (Compatibility Support Module)/ Launch CSM - Disabled (does not work with enabled)
  • Boot/Secure Boot/ OS Type - Other OS
  • (Optional)Ai Tweaker/Ai Overclock Tuner - XMP

You should copy my EFI to the EFI on your 970 EVO m.2 drive, and bios set boot from UEFI on 970 EVO m.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back