Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, I'm sure that proper support for sound will be coming soon (as well as NVRAM & iGPU support) - we're the pioneers/early-adopters in this regard (and anyone thinking of going down the Z390 route, should be aware of this).

Are you doing anything with WEG - WhatEverGreen kext? Understand it's helpful for IGPU.

Also, do you have any insights into getting Clover to boot the "last boot volume"? Fixed.

Last edited:
Here's my SSDT for USB, put it in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, which will limit USB ports within 15 ports.
Notice: Due to 15 ports limits, one of the Front USB Port can only read USB3.0.

WOW!!! it works! My USB speed now is 5Gb/s
Really appreciate your help!

Hi, I still have a series of problems with my Z390-I. like USB only at 480Mbps , No iGPU

So, sir, would you mind to share your EFI?

I have the exactly the same configuration as yours (ASUS Z390-I /9900K /RX 580)

BTW, how could I enable the OC of my CPU?
I have setup at BIOS (4.7G 1.25V). But, when I run R15 or Xcode, it only hits 4.2G.
Updated :
I found out what happened to my CPU speed!
I have enable AVX offset for 5. So the speed is 4.7 - 0.5 = 4.2
after I disable AVX offset, the speed now is 4.7 and works fine!

And after use dmdacc 's DDST, my USB works fine

If your Windows works fine with USB3.0, but macOS doesn't, you may go to read @RehabMan's threads, follow the instruction to rename XHCI to XHC, then install USBInjectAll.kext into clover/kext/other. Only after these two steps, then the SSDT will work.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Hi. Does handoff/Contiunity only works for Real Apple Wi-Fi card?
I use an DW1560 both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth works find, but there seems some problem with the handoff/Contiunity....instant hotpot not work, unlock with applewatch not seem, copy and paste not working..

Is the only to make that work is to change the native card?

Make sure you enable XCHI Handoff in the USB settings.

I have the DW1830 at the moment, that said I had to remove the old enclosure because it doesn't fit. That one is the only one that fits if you want to keep the io shroud, also needs some extra kexts to make it work.

You'll need to emulate NVRAM to make shutdown/reboot work properly, other than that my Z390-I works like a charm.

DW1560 works. I use it in my laptop hackintosh. You need two kexts for Bluetooth.

Hi. Do your DW1560/DW1830 works with handoff/Contiunity?

Last edited:
Hi. Does handoff/Contiunity only works for Real Apple Wi-Fi card?
I use an DW1560 both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth works find, but there seems some problem with the handoff/Contiunity....instant hotpot not work, unlock with applewatch not seem, copy and paste not working..

Is the only to make that work is to change the native card?
Yep, only the native card works.

So I finally decided on an 8700K after hearing the AMD rumours. I just couldn't stomach the bitch slap Intel pricing on the 9900K. I sincerely hope the AMD rumours are true to kick some pricing sense into Intel.

So any who....

I started the install and the machine froze with 2 minutes remaining. Can any of you with the ROG STRIX Z390 i-gaming give me some bios tips? What do I need to change or do to get this system to finish installing?

Thanks!

So I finally decided on an 8700K after hearing the AMD rumours. I just couldn't stomach the bitch slap Intel pricing on the 9900K. I sincerely hope the AMD rumours are true to kick some pricing sense into Intel.

So any who....

I started the install and the machine froze with 2 minutes remaining. Can any of you with the ROG STRIX Z390 i-gaming give me some bios tips? What do I need to change or do to get this system to finish installing?

Thanks!

Try pastrychef's BIOS tips in his threads:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...wi-fi-ac-build-w-i9-9900k-amd-vega-56.239969/

And use my EFI.

What I have is RX580 + i3 8100 + ASUS Z390-i, 9900k is still on the way : (

Another conundrum. I am using an AIO which I plugged into the AIO header. This works fine but I needed to use the enermax hub to connect the 2 radiator fans and all it has is one RGB header out and an independent power connection.

When I boot, I get CPU fan error. How am I supposed to connect the hub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back