Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emulated NVRam can solve restart, shut down and sleep issues not audio, iGPU issues.

Must be doing something wrong ... can't see macOS SSD boot drive in Clover after installing Clover w/ Emulated NVRAM to EFI partition on macOS drive. Does Emulated NVRAM need a change in BIOS? How did you get it to work on H370 mobo?

TIA

Must be doing something wrong ... can't see macOS SSD boot drive in Clover after installing Clover w/ Emulated NVRAM to EFI partition on macOS drive. Does Emulated NVRAM need a change in BIOS? How did you get it to work on H370 mobo?

TIA

No change in BIOS.
The H370 requires no AptioMemoryFix, instead EmuVariableUefi and another driver I cannot recall (Im in Thailand traveling).
The second driver is a very very old one, not the same I use in the B360 board.

I don't have this motherboard... It's vincek8s who has it..

Here we go ... starting new ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO build ... just keep moving forward, I guess.

Following your lead ... installed existing SSD with HS 10.13.6, which booted fine. However looks like this board has the same shutdown and restart issues mentioned by vincek8s.

Here we go ... starting new ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO build ... just keep moving forward, I guess.

Following your lead ... installed existing SSD with HS 10.13.6, which booted fine. However looks like this board has the same shutdown and restart issues mentioned by vincek8s.

zzmadd said he needed to use EmuVariableUEFI and probably OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 instead of AptioMemoryFix to get shutdown working right.

Do you have audio working? Is IGPU enabled?

Hi
zzmadd said he needed to use EmuVariableUEFI and probably OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 instead of AptioMemoryFix to get shutdown working right.

Hi all,
it’s probably even an older iteration of the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
This one I believe I’ve used in the B360 board, but it didn’t work on the H370.

Is there a OsxAptioFixDrv driver without the 2?

Hi

Hi all,
it’s probably even an older iteration of the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
This one I believe I’ve used in the B360 board, but it didn’t work on the H370.

Is there a OsxAptioFixDrv driver without the 2?

Yes, there was an OsxAptioFixDrv.

Thanks, just what I needed - a Z390 To-Do list:

1. Shutdown/restart - Replace AptioMemoryFix-64.efi with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi plus OsxAptioFixDrv-64 in drivers64UEFI
2. Fix audio - Install AppleALC and Lilu in L/E using MB 10.4 (no audio with AppleALC and Lilu in kexts/Other)
3. Check iGPU
4. Fix ethernet - Install IntelMausiEthernet using MB 10.4 (no ethernet with IntelMausiEthernet in kexts/Other) - Fixed :)

Last edited:
Thanks, just what I needed - a Z390 To-Do list:

1. Shutdown/restart - Replace AptioMemoryFix-64.efi with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi plus OsxAptioFixDrv-64 in drivers64UEFI
2. Fix audio - Install AppleALC and Lilu in S/L using MB 10.4 (no audio with AppleALC and Lilu in kexts/Other)
3. Check iGPU
4. Fix ethernet - Install IntelMausiEthernet using MB 10.4 (no ethernet with IntelMausiEthernet in kexts/Other) - Fixed :)

If you use EmuVariableUEFI, you should also use the RC scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back