Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link. I double checked everything and I did exactly as was suggested:

Installed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext as dictated by OS version and installation location.

I used KextBeast to install but wonder if they are being properly injected. He says clover cannot be used to inject them if I understood properly. Is there some extra step for that?

Thanks for the link. I double checked everything and I did exactly as was suggested:

Installed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext as dictated by OS version and installation location.

I used KextBeast to install but wonder if they are being properly injected. He says clover cannot be used to inject them if I understood properly. Is there some extra step for that?

If installed with KextBeast, it was installed correctly and not being injected by Clover.

Found the problem, Kext beast is not installing them. When I go to Library/extensions/ there are other extensions but the ones I tried to install with KextBeast are not there.

Edit: Fixed, I had to take them out of the folder and put on desktop, sheesh what an idiot I am. I now have wifi.

Sorry to waste your time, I owe you some pastries.

Last edited:
I am trying to migrate my old Mac and connected it via USB C with a proper data transfer cable for a faster transfer. I started my macbook in target mode but unfortunately the Hackintosh doesn't see it. Are my USB ports improperly configured or is not compatible?

Last edited:
To @pastrychef, @dmdacc and all who helped and encouraged me, thank you very much, my dream hackintosh is running!

Only problem is wifi. I installed a DW1560 and installed the DW1560 kext I found in dmdccc's EFI using Kext beast but no wifi or blue tooth, although the board shows up in system report as BCM20702A0 which is wrong I believe.

I suspect this is a usb problem, and am not sure how to proceed. I have been searching for a while and tried to follow a few guides but no luck so far.

Any tips?

Congrats! You are using the Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560? -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0156DVQ7G/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

It mentions http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi-10-11-a.html

I wish I could help more. I don't have one yet. I much prefer an Apple airport card in an adapter.

I am trying to migrate my old Mac and connected it via USB C with a proper data transfer cable for a faster transfer. I started my macbook in target mode but unfortunately the Hackintosh doesn't see it. Are my USB ports improperly configured or is not compatible?

Usually the fastest thing you can do is just pull the drive and temporarily install it into the new Hackintosh

To @pastrychef, @dmdacc and all who helped and encouraged me, thank you very much, my dream hackintosh is running!

Only problem is wifi. I installed a DW1560 and installed the DW1560 kext I found in dmdccc's EFI using Kext beast but no wifi or blue tooth, although the board shows up in system report as BCM20702A0 which is wrong I believe.

I suspect this is a usb problem, and am not sure how to proceed. I have been searching for a while and tried to follow a few guides but no luck so far.

Any tips?
Good to hear your hackintosh is running. DW1560 Wifi on my z390-i works fine. Did you put four kext for wifi on desktop? Kext beast only install kext put on desktop folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back