Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to setup differently B360 from H370, there’s a chance Z390 is again different.

I successfully installed a A1466 WiFi Bluetooth AirPort Card with an m.2 adapter on the ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX/AC.

I will do some testing as soon as I get my new PSU.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 218
Installed HS on Z390M. Must be doing something wrong - Clover does not see boot drive after Tonymacx86 standalone Clover with Emulated NVRAM (has RC scripts) installed on boot drive. Same thing happened with H370M.

Think I might have missed the Apfsloader driver in UEFI64Driver.

I successfully installed a A1466 WiFi Bluetooth AirPort Card with an m.2 adapter on the ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX/AC.

When you do, please post the Voltage reading from BIOS also, as I get some weird values, and curious how it is on other boards.
Thanks.

Hi, I've just upgraded to an ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard & 9600K CPU combo.

I've also managed to get the S1220A audio working on it. Thanks to toleda's post here

EDIT/UPDATE2: I had to use AppleALC.kext & also insert layout-id 1 to get it working (I initially thought that inserting an ig-platform-id for my iGPU was the key to get sound working, but that turned out not to be the case):
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
   <key>Audio</key>
   <dict>
       <key>Inject</key>
       <integer>1</integer>
   </dict>
</dict>
UPDATE: SMBIOS was set to iMac18,1 as well.

Other observations:
  • As already noted, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is required for working NVRAM and restart/shutdown.
  • UHD 630 works, but no QE/CI acceleration. Would love to know if anyone has this working with full acceleration?
Apart from this, everything else works - I just need to wait for Nvidia to update their GPU drivers, or for someone to work out how to get the UHD 630 fully working. That just leaves native NVRAM support, but I'm surprised how much is working for an unsupported chipset & CPU.

Attachments

• Audio Panel.png
    Audio Panel.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Mojave Overview.png
    Mojave Overview.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Hi, I've just upgraded to an ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard & 9600K CPU combo.

I've also managed to get the S1220A audio working on it. Thanks to toleda's post here

It give me the idea to inject audio layout 7 in my config.plist, like so:
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
    <key>Audio</key>
    <dict>
         <key>Inject</key>
         <integer>7</integer>
    </dict>
</dict>
Just using this, in conjunction with the latest AppleALC.kext, was enough to get things working (see attached pic)

Other observations:
  • As already noted, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is required for working NVRAM and restart/shutdown.
  • UHD 630 works, but no QE/CI acceleration. Would love to know if anyone has this working with full acceleration?
Apart from this, everything else works - I just need to wait for Nvidia to update their GPU drivers, or for someone to work out how to get the UHD 630 fully working. That just leaves native NVRAM support, but I'm surprised how much is working for an unsupported chipset & CPU.

Is sleep/wake working for you?

Is sleep/wake working for you?
Hi, I've just tested it, and sadly the answer is no. I can think of two things that might be contributing to this:
  • UHD 630 is not recognised by Mojave, so this might cause an issue with sleep.
  • I still need to complete USB port patching, with Intel FB-Patcher, for this motherboard.
Plus, any other incompatibilities stemming from the new chipset and CPU combination.

Just a quick update. I finish to build my new system yesterday. I didn't install Mac OS yet.
So far in Windows, the A1466 Airport card is recognized and is working like it uses to do on my Z170 chipset.

I'm pretty sure it will also working correctly in Mac OS! That is good news!

Regards,
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back