Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
R9 380
Hi everyone, after some research I decided to take the dive to create a Dual Boot system for my new PC Build using Unibeast and Multibeast as outlined here.

I am encountering an issue that appears after what seems like the last install screen "Restart to complete installation of macOS" in which it hangs indefinitely on the Apple logo with a finished loading bar. I'd appreciate any help and have attached some pics and Verbose logs below.

My Hardware:
  • Asus ROG Strix Z390-F motherboard
  • Intel i7 9700k 3.6GHz
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
  • MSI Radeon R9 380 4 GB GPU
  • Corsair CXM 750W Power Supply
  • SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III SSD
  • LG 27UK850 4K monitor (via HDMI)
ASUS UEFI BIOS settings:
  1. VT-d disabled
  2. CFG-lock disabled
  3. Secure Boot Mode disabled
  4. OS Type to Other OS
  5. IO Serial Port disabled
  6. XHCI Handoff Enabled
  7. Fast Boot disabled
Clover settings:
  1. Force USB ownership: enabled
Steps Followed:
  1. Used Unibeast with UEFI boot mode to prepare 16GB Kingston USB2.0 pen with Mojave installer.
  2. Booted into Clover through ASUS UEFI BIOS, starting macOS install
  3. Used Disk Utility 240GB SSD to Mac OS Journaled (GUID partition scheme)
  4. Started install, install failed at "macOS could not be installed on your computer"
  5. Wiped SSD with Disk Utility and formatted SSD to APFS (GUID partition scheme)
  6. Install got further this time but still stalled
  7. Learned about the ASUS lack of NVRAM issue and used this emulated NVRAM clover utility on the USB's EFI
  8. Tried installing again, several automatic reboots but stalls at Apple logo after "Restart to complete installation of macOS"
    APFS-Attempt-Stall.jpg
  9. Wiped SSD to Mac OS X Journaled (GUID partition scheme) and tried again, stuck at same place but with bar full
    HFSplus-Attempt-Stall.jpg
  10. Tried using GPU instead of Intel integrated graphics, no further progress
  11. One time with step 10 using HDMI through the GPU, it got past the Apple logo screen to a white screen with the Apple Cursor movable, but after clicking it disappeared and no further progress, could not replicate

Attachments

• Final-Install-Screen.jpg
    Final-Install-Screen.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 326
  • Stall-Screen.jpg
    Stall-Screen.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 288
What other clover drivers are you using?
The Asus boards like aptiomemory fix with emulatvaribles, or however it’s spelled.
You can also try one ram stick in the a1 slot temporarily.
Also haven’t seen anyone using forced usb ownership in clover for the Asus z390 boards.

Thank you for your response! I've tried several times with and without USB ownership turned off. However i've found a few new clues:

First of all, Clover shows a boot option that reads "Boot macOS Mojave" instead of "Boot Install macOS Mojave", which as far as i'm aware indicates that the install has been mostly successful.

New Steps:
  1. Running that option through Intel Integrated graphics via HDMI present me with this verbose screen indefinitely:
    51308600_771479026545486_1371595594069442560_n.jpg
  2. Switching to the dedicated GPU (AMD R9 380 4GB) gets me this verbose logging screen:
    50981732_1844042342366942_4380804760031199232_n.jpg
  3. It sits on that screen for 25 minutes and then!
    51523148_300030824196228_6875023334040403968_n.jpg
  4. A completely blank screen with the mac cursor appears! I can move the cursor, but if i click it disappears forever. The monitor input eventually cuts off after 20 more mins either way. Again, it only progresses to this screen through the dedicated GPU.
I think my next step will be to try WhateverGreen, the aptiomemory fix and other kexts, but would appreciate any and all input at this stage!

(I have also attached my EFI folder)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 418
Serial.png

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in BIOS settings.

Hi, thanks for your reply! (In the last test I Loaded Optimised Defaults which reverted the Serial Port to being enabled again after I disabled it initially.)

After trying again I get this screen with the mac cursor instead after the same "busy timeout" logs:
51070797_385472068920690_2623799743079251968_n.jpg

Just to reiterate this is through the 4K display and AMD R9 380 4G GPU. Thanks again

Happy to say it's up and running through the dedicated GPU!

It turned out to be an issue with the integrated GPU of my i7 9700k and the white screen that was displaying near the end was actually a warped version of the Setup screen! Switching to the AMD R9 380 HDMI output with the kexts:
  • FakeSMC
  • Whatever Green
  • Lilu
  • AppleALC
Worked successfully! And once i got set up using clover with the ID iMac 18,1 set, the integrated graphics began to work as well!

Thanks very much to the amazing community and resources out there.

Last edited:
I have a similar setup, can you post your usb SSDT file? or your EFI folder? I've problem with usb 3.0. thank you

Happy to say it's up and running through the dedicated GPU! View attachment 384420

It turned out to be an issue with the integrated GPU of my i7 9700k and the white screen that was displaying near the end was actually a warped version of the Setup screen! Switching to the AMD R9 380 HDMI output with the kexts:
  • FakeSMC
  • Whatever Green
  • Lilu
  • AppleALC
Worked successfully! And once i got set up using clover with the ID iMac 18,1 set, the integrated graphics began to work as well!

Thanks very much to the amazing community and resources out there.

Hey man I'm having the same issue. Think you can upload your latest EFI folder plzzzzzzzzz? :)

Any updates? I am trying to get my rig running as well. Mine is the same except I have a Vega 64 GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back