Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be patient and persistent........ When you install go to bios do a secure bios asus secure erase of your drive, there might be other os signature there, make sure not XMP, BIOS... all stock no OC. Disable the CSM. Update bios. Then try try again..... PS don't use 4K monitors, use max 1080p. Above 4G decoding Enabled, RC6(render standby) disabled. Once system has booted Mac OS running stable, then experiment with other settings. Its a jig saw puzzle, takes time and effort......
Thanks for your reply and help I have fixed the issue but but now it's stuck on about 2 mins remaining. Samsung nvme 970 Evo plus is there an issue? I have installed this one in my mobo. I have successfully installed in my office core i5 PC. Really frustrating ☹️. Thanks again for patience and help.

You have a lot of unnecessary files in kexts and uefi drivers folders.
Kexts not needed;
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
SMCLightSensor.kext (won't prevent boot but give clover errors)
SMCBatteryManager.kext (won't prevent boot but give clover errors)
SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext

UEFI Drivers (and I'm surmising that you don't need them)
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi
AptioInputFix-64.efi
AudioDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi
UsbKbDxe-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

Your config.plist is a mess with nvidia graphics checked for use as well as intel. Your profile shows you're using a radeon card.
I've attached my efi folder. Try it, but you will have to generate another serial number. You should remove the following kexts from my kexts/other folder if you are not using broadcom wifi;
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

Good luck :thumbup:
Downloaded your EFI folder. Noticed there are a Microsoft, Tools and APPLE folder which i don't have when creating installer USB with Unibeast. Do in need these folders in the EFI (escpecially Microsoft since I will only be installing OS X) ?
What are the UEFI drivers for? Don't you need them to perform an UEFI boot?
I am using Broadcom Wifi and Bleutooth so I'll leave those kexts were they belong.

Will installing Catalina work with your EFI folder or is it better to start with Mojave and update to Catalina afterwards?

Below are the components of my build:
  • Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
  • Intel core i9 9900K
  • Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX580
  • Samsung 970 EVO SSD 500 GB
  • 32 GB DDR4 Memory (2 x 16 GB)
  • Corsair RM850X Power Supply
  • Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100X
  • Apple Broadcom BCM943602CDP - 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.2
Thanks in advance for your help!

Will installing Catalina work with your EFI folder or is it better to start with Mojave and update to Catalina afterwards?

That EFI is my Mojave installer (3PLPs) The port limit patches are slightly different for Mojave than Catalina, so you would have to replace those to get USB functional. I've attached Catalina clover folder. Take your pick :headbang: it installed flawlessly for me and only took 30mins, quicker than upgrade :headbang:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Noticed there are a Microsoft, Tools and APPLE folder which i don't have when creating installer USB with Unibeast. Do in need these folders in the EFI (escpecially Microsoft since I will only be installing OS X)
They get installed with Clover from github, I believe. If you install Catalina, there are a few vagiaries. Read this post first, it'll give you a heads up when things don't play like they used to. I beta tested Catalina with this rig, so I know my way round it now.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tion-read-write-for-post-installation.283749/

did anyone solve this ?

They get installed with Clover from github, I believe. If you install Catalina, there are a few vagiaries. Read this post first, it'll give you a heads up when things don't play like they used to. I beta tested Catalina with this rig, so I know my way round it now.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tion-read-write-for-post-installation.283749/
That EFI is my Mojave installer (3PLPs) The port limit patches are slightly different for Mojave than Catalina, so you would have to replace those to get USB functional. I've attached Catalina clover folder. Take your pick :headbang: it installed flawlessly for me and only took 30mins, quicker than upgrade :headbang:
Thanks for your reply! My Broadcom Wifi/BT card arrived today, got it installed, will start installing Catalina tomorrow with your EFI containing your Catalina Clover folder. Anything I should now about your Catalina install, things that broke, went wrong? Thanks for the heads up!

hi, Friends, anyone helps me After Update Bios 1005 to 1105 how to Install macOS High Sierra 10.13.6,
My PC Config: Asus Rog Strix Z390-F Gaming, Sapphire rx580 pulse 8GB DDR5 Ram, Intel i7-8700, WD SSD 480 GB

How To Downgrade Bios??? Asus Rog Strix Z390-F Gaming ( 1105 to 1005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back