Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX RX VEGA 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask myself the same question. Sapphire and XFX are indicated on the Apple site but not the Asus.

don't know if you're still wondering but I can confirm that I am running the Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 64 since yesterday. I made a clean install to Mojave (10.14.2) and it worked OOB, however I do have the coil whine issue and try to figure out how to get rid of it … have yet to check whether it's only occuring under macOS or also in Windows. … That would be my biggest issue so far. The rest seems to work just fine.

Edit: Coil whine Issue is gone after I updated SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 with Clover Configurator … In Windows there was no issue.

Last edited:
don't know if you're still wondering but I can confirm that I am running the Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 64 since yesterday. I made a clean install to Mojave (10.14.2) and it worked OOB, however I do have the coil whine issue and try to figure out how to get rid of it … have yet to check whether it's only occuring under macOS or also in Windows. … That would be my biggest issue so far. The rest seems to work just fine.

Edit: Coil whine Issue is gone after I updated SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 with Clover Configurator … In Windows there was no issue.
Hello, does the "fan stop" function work (fans on GFX is stopped until temperature 55°C is reached)?

Hello, does the "fan stop" function work (fans on GFX is stopped until temperature 55°C is reached)?

YES and NO, on macOS Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109) this functionality seems to work, but also is very random :(
some times the fans will never stop again !!!

Last edited:

Did you need any special kexts in your Clover config? (Whatevergreen, Lilu, VGTab, etc.) Also, did you disable internal graphics in the BIOS? I installed this card before I left town, but look forward to fine tuning it for my Hackintosh when I get back tomorrow!

YES and NO, on macOS Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109) this functionality seems to work, but also is very random :(
some times the fans will never stop again !!!
Maybe your GPU loads with browser, for example. (My browsing experience openning tens of windows simulately for later reading, loads RX 580 for full processor).

HWMonitor - will show you temperature to understand if fans started randomly or under certain temperature.

My RX 580 stops fans without additional kexts and/or setups in Mojave 10.14.4 beta.

Last edited:
Maybe your GPU loads with browser, for example. (My browsing experience openning tens of windows simulately for later reading, loads RX 580 for full processor).

HWMonitor - will show you temperature to understand if fans started randomly or under certain temperature.

My RX 580 stops fans without additional kexts and/or setups in Mojave 10.14.4 beta.

I open 100+ tabs on chrome, nothing changes, the temperature is low 46 C and 0 RPM (see 1 image / Fan Speed).

But if I start Valley to push a little the GPU for 5 mins (for example), then after closing the Valley the temperature going down to 29 C and 1600+ RPM stable and the fans will never stop again (see 2 image / Fan Speed)

* I don't use any kext for the GPU.

Attachments

• image 1.png
    image 1.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 468
  • image 2.png
    image 2.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 342
Hi Guys, I have an x99 and ASUS Vega 64 STRIX, I have issues with sleep wake and also random crashes when scrubbing through videos in Final Cut and Premier. Does anyone have these sorts of issues? If not do you have a config I can look at to see where mine is different.

Im on
Mojave 10.14.1
X99
16GB 3200
512 SSD 970 evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back