ASUS ROG Strix HERO II Laptop
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630+RTX 2060
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi!
I followed this guide by RehabMan to set up my USB drive. After a while, I finally got Clover to display Windows and the install macOS mojave option. However, when I try to boot up with Verbose boot, I am stuck at "@kec.corecrypto 1.0". I understand that the last line of text doesn't tell the whole story, so I've uploaded a video of my boot sequence here: https://streamable.com/6rmd3
I have also uploaded the EFI folder that I am using. The config.plist I am using is from RehabMan's GitHub for devices with UHD 630 graphics. I understand I won't be able to get the 2060 working, I am fine with the iGPU.

I only have one big handicap at the moment, the hackintosh that I am looking to replace (RX 560, i5-7500) will not recognize my USB stick. Even with diskutil list in terminal, and opening disk utility. (If this becomes a bigger problem, I will create a thread for it in another forum.) So I cannot edit my Clover folder in a mac environment, but I can replace files in the clover-efi in Windows.

Anyway, I would say that I am still just a beginner in hackintoshing, but I will do my best to learn anything new I need to know in order to fix my laptop hackintosh. Also, as far as I know, no one has a working hackintosh with my specific model of laptop. I have searched as much as I can on the internet and I can only find successful setups with only a similar processor. ASUS laptops/desktop motherboards seem to have trouble with hackintoshing.

Please let me know if I need to upload anything else for more information. I just updated my profile with the laptop specs. I will try to respond as quickly as I can, but will not have access to my laptop and desktop all day.

Lastly, thank you very much for any help and for your time. Getting this laptop running with Mojave will be super useful to me and I greatly appreciate anyone who tries to help. Thanks!
:)

Attachments