Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG Strix H370-I install hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Xdan, I tried your efi, but unfortunately it hung during the install. Should I have selected a different set of boot args?

Attachments

• hang.png
    hang.png
    921 KB · Views: 51
  • installer_1.png
    installer_1.png
    397.9 KB · Views: 57
  • installer_2.png
    installer_2.png
    406.4 KB · Views: 47
  • messages.png
    messages.png
    591.8 KB · Views: 50
I'm trying to start over, using a new USB-2 stick.
OMG - After many attempts, it finally booted Mojave!!!
Now I have to figure out what options to select on MultiBeast.
Selecting:
Drivers:
Audio: 100/200/300 Series audio support (since the ASUS H370-I is 300 series, right?)
Disk: Intel Generic AHCI SATA (not sure about this?)
Misc: Fake SMC seems to be pre-selected, grayed out
Network: Realtek RTL8111H v2.2.2 (the MB specs mention Realtek RTL8111H, but I don't know the version)
USB: USBInjectAll (selected just because that kext was used earlier)

Bootloaders: Clover UEFI Boot Mode

Customize: Intel HD 630 (Coffee Lake)
SSDT: none
System Def: iMac mini 6,2 (didn't know what to pick here)

Do I need any other options?
------
Edit: it hung on the osx reboot, the progress bar at the very end!

Last edited:
Thank you Xdan, I have tried to follow the bios setup to the letter, with the exception that I only have the UHD 630 graphics, but it just hangs on the first boot attempt.

However, I have been able to get to the Mojave to boot to the initial "create account" using the EFI that was built as directed by the comments in this thread.

Now my challenge is to use MultiBeast to set up the boot, and I have not been successful yet. Does anyone have a list of options that should work with the ASUS H370 and UHD 630 graphics?

I have tried MultiBeast settings:
Drivers:
Audio: 100/200/300 Series audio support (since the ASUS H370-I is 300 series, right?)
Network: Realtek RTL8111H v2.2.2 (the MB specs mention Realtek RTL8111H, but I don't know the version)

Do I need any other MultiBeast options?
Could it be failing because my initial EFI is still missing something?
Is there a separate forum I should post my question to since I seem to have gotten past the initial "install hangs" bit?
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Thank you Xdan, I have tried to follow the bios setup to the letter, with the exception that I only have the UHD 630 graphics, but it just hangs on the first boot attempt.

However, I have been able to get to the Mojave to boot to the initial "create account" using the EFI that was built as directed by the comments in this thread.

Now my challenge is to use MultiBeast to set up the boot, and I have not been successful yet. Does anyone have a list of options that should work with the ASUS H370 and UHD 630 graphics?

I have tried MultiBeast settings:
Drivers:

Do I need any other MultiBeast options?
Could it be failing because my initial EFI is still missing something?
Is there a separate forum I should post my question to since I seem to have gotten past the initial "install hangs" bit?
Thanks for the help!

Hi, to be clear - I use a Z370 board. They are different compared to a H370. Forget the multibeast. Boot into Mojave, start clover configurator, mount the EFI partition and copy over my EFI. Forget all the Multibeast gefrickel. Not needed.

Also, what hardware do you use?

Xdad, I'm sorry for being so slow, I thought following the "Mojave Desktop Guide", that Multibeast must me used after the initial Mojave boot, and that the Clover was a more advanced app that was used place of UniBeast to create the initial bootable USB.

So the Clover app should be used in place of Multibeast! I need to repeat the initial installation steps to get back to the Mojave boot...

I am trying to build a CustoMac with the following hardware:
  • ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming
  • CPU i3-8100
  • UHD 630 Graphics (no GPU)

I guess we live in different time zones.
1. unibeast create an osx installmedium
2. mount the usb stick on a mac. delete the efi folder und copy
mine over or the efi from someone who did a successful build with your hardware. They did the work with the right settings, ssdt and kexs.
3. boot from the usb stick and install osx
4. loginto osx, install clover configurator, mount the efi partion, delete the efi folder, copy the efi folder from the usb stick to the efi partion.
5. reboot
6. Post 46/3

I assume, that nothing need to be changed. Did you compared the hw specs of the h370 / z370. what are the differences beside of the limited chipset.. and why did you bought the h370? not a good decision..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back