Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG Strix H370-I install hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I hit the reset button and when the Clover boot screen appears I select boot from HFS, it will get to the Mojave install screen, but hang almost at the start, at the 31 min.

Maybe I should give up on Mojave and try High Sierra?
  • So far no one including me, have checked the CLOVER from your USB Installer.
  • Until the System Disk gets its own Clover EFI Bootloader, it relies on the USB installer's EFI>CLOVER folders and its config.plist for safe booting.
  • If you can upload CLOVER from it as a zipped file, we can check to get any clue as to why you are having the current Problem. I had hinted that in my response at #12
    • Sometimes a change in the contents of drivers64UEFI folder or SMBIOS_Mac Model in config.plist can help overcome this hurdle you are facing.

I feel like it's actually working, just freezing at the places it normally auto-reboots.
What is the solid evidence? No mention by the OP about Disk activity or lack there of to reach that conclusion. So we have to assume. If in fact that is what is happening, what causes that? And how can OP fix the problem? Just Force reboot to CBM and reboot the System Disk again? These were the questions I was asking myself. I believe there is some value in checking the contents of CLOVER to find a remediable cause.

In a similar case I had force -rebooted to find the System had already created a Recovery Disk on CBM screen. I Could finish the installation booting the System disk .
I had posted that with screen shots to our Forum. I had not seen a documented case before or since then. You can find the post here: success-mojave-14-1-despite-the-macos-installation-couldnt-be-completed-error.266897

Attached is a zipped copy of the CLOVER dir from inside the EFI partition I was using to try to install Mojave.

Meanwhile, I am trying to see if the High Sierra install would run into the same error ...

One thing I have not done is try to update the ASUS BIOS, I was not sure if it was worth the risk.

Thank you

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Attached is a zipped copy of the CLOVER dir from inside the EFI partition I was using to try to install Mojave.

Meanwhile, I am trying to see if the High Sierra install would run into the same error ...

Thank you
  • Please note your CLOVER/kexts/Other lacks Lilu+WEG .
  • Please copy and paste these two kexts and try booting the disk
  • Without them your Intel HD 630 Graphics cannot function.
  • I have not completed full check up of whole CLOVER yet.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER_Kexts_Other.png
    1.CLOVER_Kexts_Other.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 143
Just as an experiment - installed and booted High Sierra using another USB: After several attempts when the machine rebooted to the Clover boot loader, it miraculously installed and booted High Sierra! Unfortunately I have not done the post-install steps and re-booted it before running MultiBeast.

But I would like to get Mojave working, so back to that.

Attachments

• clover_high_sierra.png
    clover_high_sierra.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 59
  • high_sierra_system_report.png
    high_sierra_system_report.png
    562.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Back to installing Mojave - I didn't know I needed Lilu+WEG. I see that Lilu is the first item in the Clover Configurator Kext Installer menu, but I don't see WEG, where do I get that? Ohh, WhateverGreen === WEG, yes?
thanks

Last edited:
When installing Clover for H370, add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from UEFI Drivers to get working restart, sleep and shutdown. "Install RC scripts on target volume" goes along with that.

This is like trying to solve one of those black box puzzles, where the sides are covered with instructions written in mystical runes that only a few great wizards understand!

There's nothing particularly mystical about installing Clover.
Clover install options.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back