Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel awful presumption to consult a question .
I have use the following spec
cpu : I9 - 9980XE
MB : Rampage VI Extreme Omega
GPU : Asus Radeon VII
RAM : Corsair DDR4-3200 16G*4
Mac OS : 10.15.1 (19B88)

I use HDMI and Display connect to Asus screen and Sony TV

Every time I watch the youtube ,sound and screen will lag

Do you have the same situation?Could you help me to solve this problem?

Hi
I followed kgp guide and created bootable USB for Catalina but can't get to installer, verbose attached , anyone could help please as completely noob here :

Attachments

• IMG_3349.JPG
    IMG_3349.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 102
Hi
I followed kgp guide and created bootable USB for Catalina but can't get to installer, verbose attached , anyone could help please as completely noob here :
It seems your kexts are not being loaded properly; ensure you have them in the right folder and enable kexts development mode in clover.

I feel awful presumption to consult a question .
I have use the following spec
cpu : I9 - 9980XE
MB : Rampage VI Extreme Omega
GPU : Asus Radeon VII
RAM : Corsair DDR4-3200 16G*4
Mac OS : 10.15.1 (19B88)

I use HDMI and Display connect to Asus screen and Sony TV

Every time I watch the youtube ,sound and screen will lag

Do you have the same situation?Could you help me to solve this problem?

I did have these problems in the beginning:

For HDMI and display port audio: Use applAlc kext with Lili kext
and in clover inject audio 16 (all audio functionality works for me by doing this).

For display
most people just copy @kgp efi and not understanding the patches he uses and their purposes.

Ensure you have the Radeon Vii patch inside: efi > clover > acpi folder. @kgp efi uses a Vega 64 patch which you should replace to match your gpu. The Radeon Vii patch can be found in the efi folder I attached earlier on in this thread. I don't know why but your graphics card should also be in the absolute top pcie slot on the motherboard for it to be fully functional at least that's how it is on my system.

It seems your kexts are not being loaded properly; ensure you have them in the right folder and enable kexts development mode in clover.
Many thanks: I used clover EFI boot loader to add kexts as configurator keeps giving Errors ( don’t have write permission) and still stuck on verbose and not reaching installer , also tried kext-dev-mode =1 boot flag , but no luck
Do you think this has anything to do with the new i9 10920x as couldn’t find FakeCPUID on clover list.
im trying to install on Samsung evo pro NVMe
Any advice?

I get all sort of errors when i uses kext installers, so I recommend downloading all the kext you need and adding them to the efi > clover > kexts > other folder. For the boot arguments uses -v darkwake=2 keepsyms=1 slide=0 these works best with the Asus Rog omega.

for the processor use TSCAdjustReset.kext attached to this thread i have already put in your core count of 23; you always want to minus one core from the overall logical processors. this kext will also help with your thermals;

NVMe: I also have this drive and it works flawlessly, how i got it to work was by updating the NVMe's firmware. Go to https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/ and download the latest firmware for your drive. Install the firmware to a flash drive with Rufus and then run that flash drive from your boot option when you start the computer.

NOTE: ensure that you have everything on the drive, this will help preventing data lost.
Then in your config plist under kext to patch enable both trim for ssd patch.

finally, try this and let me know if it works;
i have included a efi folder earlier on in this thread download it and replace the TSCAdjustReset.kext with the one attach here. update your NVMe firmware and bios setting and try installing macOs agin. This should help much

Attachments

• TSCAdjustReset.kext.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 146
I get all sort of errors when i uses kext installers, so I recommend downloading all the kext you need and adding them to the efi > clover > kexts > other folder. For the boot arguments uses -v darkwake=2 keepsyms=1 slide=0 these works best with the Asus Rog omega.

for the processor use TSCAdjustReset.kext attached to this thread i have already put in your core count of 23; you always want to minus one core from the overall logical processors. this kext will also help with your thermals;

NVMe: I also have this drive and it works flawlessly, how i got it to work was by updating the NVMe's firmware. Go to https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/ and download the latest firmware for your drive. Install the firmware to a flash drive with Rufus and then run that flash drive from your boot option when you start the computer.

NOTE: ensure that you have everything on the drive, this will help preventing data lost.

i have included a efi folder earlier on in this thread download it and replace the TSCAdjustReset.kext with the one attach here. update your NVMe firmware and bios setting and try installing macOs agin. This should help much

Thanks for your kind efforts
I have used your EFI folder after changing SMBIOS and TSCAdjustReset.kext , also updated NVMe .
However, still no able to reach installer. Kexts didn't load again but after running latest Clover 5103 they are loading well , again no luck getting beyond verbos. any ideas.
Note: Ive Changed SSD to Samsung 830 SSD ( and formated APFS) , and reduce the drivers and kext to minimal as you can see from attacked EFI and screen shot

Many thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.6 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3403.JPG
    IMG_3403.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Hi
I managed to use usb 3.1 port and worked fine , installed Catalina and updated to 10.15.3
Issues :
1. no USB working, except the USB 3.1 where I used a splitter with 4 ports to use my keyboard and mouse , the rest of USBs are not working , tried different USB kexts but no luck so far
2. No audio : used AppleALC.kext with patch , and used kexts and SSDTs from your EFI folder that you kindly shared last time ....but didn't work as well ...
3. no wifi / bluetooth : I used a wifi card that worked without kext ( but no bluetooth )

any advice of how did you solved above issues ??

Please see attached EFI folder
Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 80
Please guys , you are the only ones with successful Rog omega build , I really needs your help.
None of my USB ports working , I have mentioned this in few other threads :
and
and

but no answers so far , could you please help

thanks

Hi @Shlonakzeen,

personally I don't use any usb kext.

From the attachment photos, you can see the kext I'm using and the "Kernel and Kext Patches" for the USB.

From the Bios on Boot section the "Above 4G Decoding" needs to be ON in order for the USB to work.

Below are the USB port limit patches I'm using.
More infos about the USB port limit patch, you can find here
XML:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>USB port limit patch #2 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credit PMHeart)</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>g+MP0w==</data>
    <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
    <false/>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.14.x</string>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>g+M/0w==</data>
</dict>
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>USB Port limit patch #3 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credits PMheart)</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>g/sPDw==</data>
    <false/>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.14.x</string>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>g/s/Dw==</data>
</dict>
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>USB Port limit patch #4 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credits PMheart)</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>g/8PDw==</data>
    <false/>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.14.x</string>
    <key>Name</key>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>g/8/Dw==</data>
</dict>

I hope this will help you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 3.33.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 3.33.20 PM.png
    419.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 3.34.58 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 3.34.58 PM.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Hi @Shlonakzeen,

personally I don't use any usb kext.

From the attachment photos, you can see the kext I'm using and the "Kernel and Kext Patches" for the USB.

From the Bios on Boot section the "Above 4G Decoding" needs to be ON in order for the USB to work.

Below are the USB port limit patches I'm using.
More infos about the USB port limit patch, you can find here
XML:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>USB port limit patch #2 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credit PMHeart)</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>g+MP0w==</data>
    <false/>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.14.x</string>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>g+M/0w==</data>
</dict>
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>USB Port limit patch #3 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credits PMheart)</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>g/sPDw==</data>
    <false/>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.14.x</string>
    <key>Name</key>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>g/s/Dw==</data>
</dict>
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>USB Port limit patch #4 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credits PMheart)</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>g/8PDw==</data>
    <false/>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.14.x</string>
    <key>Name</key>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>g/8/Dw==</data>
</dict>

I hope this will help you.

You are the man ,
Once I turned the Above 4G Decoding to ON , everything was fine , got USB ports on Hackintool , and got Sound and bluetooth.
I should've tried before
Did you use USBPort.kext formation to keep your USBs to 15 ports ? I'm trying to do this but the two internal USB 3.1 Gen 1 headers not showing on Hackintool.
As you know other option is to use patch + USBInjectAll.kext

Many thanks ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back