Register

Asus Rog Rampage VI extreme Omega + intel i9 10920x

Motherboard
Asus Rog Rampage VI Extreme Omega X299
CPU
i9-10920X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Update : managed to connect to UDB3.1 port on the back panel, keyboard and mouse worked , installed Catalina.
No other USB ports function , no sound and no wifi.
Still working on kexts , but any advice to make things moving quicker would be much much appreciated.
Again , I'm speechless to thank you guys

Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme6
CPU
E5-2690 v4
Graphics
Radeon VII
Busy now, but post with your progress and I'll check back in. Glad you got it installed!

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10920X
Graphics
Radeon VII
I managed to get wifi working using a wifi card ( no kexts needed - but no bluetooth ).
Audio not working as well: AppleALC.kext used DSDT patch change( HDAS to HDEF) done but no audio yet.

summary:
1. no USB working, except the USB 3.1 where I used a splitter with 4 ports to use my keyboard and mouse , the rest of USBs are not working , tried different USB kexts but no luck so far
2. No audio : used AppleALC.kext with patch , but didn't work as well
3. no wifi / bluetooth : I used a wifi card that worked without kext ( but no bluetooth )

please see attached EFI folder
Thanks

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10920X
Graphics
Radeon VII
HI

I have been having problems getting USB ports to work.
I have installed macOS Catalina using USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type A and currently using this port with a splitter in order to use mouse and keyboard

I have slimmed down kexts , and SSDTs and tried your method but couldn't get any ports under XHCI@14
I have also tried to make a USB inject specific to my MB but again IOReg shows no ports under XHCI controller.

Asus Rog Omega latest BIOS has no option under USB configuration to enable XHC Handoff . There is an option of ( mouse and keyboard simulation - enable / disable ) I tired on both setting no luck

After refreshing BIOS and clean install , Hackintool can now pick up USB 3.1 gen2 ( although different USB controller ). However , XHCI still not activated and not showing ports as per IOReg

As it is new build , it is running Windows 10 Pro smoothly and all USB ports working there. So its not a hardware issue , I guess .

My BIOS setting is copy past of KGP guide

Any ideas of what to do next , please

Attachments