Sapphire HD 6870 1gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I stumbled across pcie ssds and found the raidr from asus, which is pretty interesting to me.
The website claims that it is to be recognized as a standard ACHI device by the BIOS/UEFI and thus should work driverless.
Knowing that OS X handles ACHI devices very well, I asked my self "Hey, why not do a hackintosh with it?".
But given that I don't already own it, I decided to look it up first but I got nothing on that topic.
The OWC Accelsior just simply raids two minipcie SSDs like in the macbooks together but that ain't what I'm looking for.
The RAIDR just looks way stellar and I probably could pack two of them inside a machine to boot to windows or mac.

Do you have any experience with the RAIDR or other mac-compatible pcie-ssds? Just let me know..

Does anyone know anything?

Hey !
I've got an ASUS ROG RAIDR 240 GB on my hackintosh working. :D

Are you German? I'm German too. Then we don't need to speak English :)

I can help you if you're in trouble...

best regards

Please make sure you read the tonymacx86 Forum's Rules & Policies, especially:
Posting

• All posts must be made in English. Any and all posts in other languages will be deleted.

Hey,

you have a raidr working in os x?
as a boot drive? if yes, then i'd LOVE to hear how you did it (e.g. the switch in Legacy- or UEFI-Mode etc.)
was it just like any other ssd or did you have to do something different?

Hey,

you have a raidr working in os x?
as a boot drive? if yes, then i'd LOVE to hear how you did it (e.g. the switch in Legacy- or UEFI-Mode etc.)
was it just like any other ssd or did you have to do something different?

Yeah!
It's a boot drive.
I have some issues with starting it… i can only boot via my USB-stick -.- I need some help, but nobody cares :thumbdown:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hardware-...8-how-make-pci-e-ssd-bootable.html#post748754

But when I'm booting via USB, it's working like charme. :headbang:
My switch is on legacy, cause OS X only can handle with legacy.

Best regards

Try contacting Asus and ask them what settings you'll need to boot legacy with the
Raidr. You're likely not getting any responses because most everyone here on TMX86
doesn't have one of these as a boot drive and doesn't have any previous experience
with booting problems with it.

Let us know what works when you've gotten it figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back