Contribute
Register

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme not working properly on Mojave? What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

Absolutely love the forum here but I have a huge pain trying to get Mojave to work properly on this new motherboard that I just received. I'll give you all the specs down bellow. I installed Mojave on Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme and I managed to get the LAN to work, the sound to work, it doesn't have any issues except shutdown and restart (when you press shutdown or restart the little circle starts spinning and then stops, so then I manually have to shut it down.) The other issue is bluetooth, it's visible and it says that bluetooth is on(can't be turned off) but it doesn't find any device. The next issue is wifi it doesn't recognize it at all. Usb-c does not work as fast as it should. Since we have multiple computers with the following motherboard Asus Z 370-PII and the exact same specs as mentioned bellow(except the motherboard) everything works perfectly. What should I do and do you have any tips how to make this work. The bios settings on the motherboard are insane and I think that there is a problem with the communication between the mb and the system.

Motherboard: Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme
CPU: Intel i9 9900k
GFX: Saphire 580 Nitro 8GB
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 Evo 250GB
RAM: 2X16GB KINGSTON HYPER X RED

Hey guys,

Absolutely love the forum here but I have a huge pain trying to get Mojave to work properly on this new motherboard that I just received. I'll give you all the specs down bellow. I installed Mojave on Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme and I managed to get the LAN to work, the sound to work, it doesn't have any issues except shutdown and restart (when you press shutdown or restart the little circle starts spinning and then stops, so then I manually have to shut it down.) The other issue is bluetooth, it's visible and it says that bluetooth is on(can't be turned off) but it doesn't find any device. The next issue is wifi it doesn't recognize it at all. Usb-c does not work as fast as it should. Since we have multiple computers with the following motherboard Asus Z 370-PII and the exact same specs as mentioned bellow(except the motherboard) everything works perfectly. What should I do and do you have any tips how to make this work. The bios settings on the motherboard are insane and I think that there is a problem with the communication between the mb and the system.

Motherboard: Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme
CPU: Intel i9 9900k
GFX: Saphire 580 Nitro 8GB
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 Evo 250GB
RAM: 2X16GB KINGSTON HYPER X RED
Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme should be in your hardware profile under motherboard please

what make and model is your wifi? if it is Intel then you will need to replace that with compatible hardware

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme should be in your hardware profile under motherboard please

what make and model is your wifi? if it is Intel then you will need to replace that with compatible hardware
I just updated my profile, sorry about that. This is what it says on Asus's website. FYI I chose this motherboard from the "Buyer's Guide".

• Wireless Data Network
    Intel® Wireless-AC 9560
    Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
    Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
    Supports MU-MIMO
    Supports channel bandwidth: HT20/HT40/HT80/HT160
  • Bluetooth
    Bluetooth® 5.0
Do you have any idea about the shutdown and restart issue?

I just updated my profile, sorry about that. This is what it says on Asus's website. FYI I chose this motherboard from the "Buyer's Guide".

• Wireless Data Network
    Intel® Wireless-AC 9560
    Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
    Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
    Supports MU-MIMO
    Supports channel bandwidth: HT20/HT40/HT80/HT160
  • Bluetooth
    Bluetooth® 5.0
Do you have any idea about the shutdown and restart issue?
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

wifi cards:

I will re install it once again now and upload the problem properly! :) Thank you so much for the fast reply!

This is how it looks like :)

Attachments

• IMG_1300.JPG
    IMG_1300.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 169
Here it is.

Attachments

• debug_22362.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 133
you cold try enabling the option in config.plist:
FixShutdown
Hello...I have the same motherboard and CPU. I have a nzxt kraken x72 and skill trident z RGB 16gb. I'm not settled on GPU yet so I'm using igpu. I'm having trouble getting Mojave up and running....I would appreciate you guidance in your process of installing Mojave and yes...the overly crazy bios settings....thank!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back