1. 0
I confirm it works (not yet the audio).

My build:

- z97 Maximus Gene VII mainboard
- 4770K i7 CPU
- EVGA 780 Supercloked
- Samsung SSD

--------------------------------------

1. make an osx install usb with Unibeast.
2. go to BIOS > Advanced > Onboard devices and disable Intel LAN (you will activate it later)
3. go to BIOS > BOOT and change from Windows UEFI to Other OS
4. plug in your usb, install osx.
5. don't start multi beast yet! follow "Boot directly from the Root Drive without using the USB" from this article: http://noberoi.wordpress.com/2013/1...tel-pc-with-asus-maximus-vi-gene-_hacknt0sh_/
6. get the last version of multi beast and:
- go to drivers and select network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a (LAN drivers...)
- click Build & reset your computer
7. go to BIOS and activate your Intel LAN

Now your OsX should work.

---------------------------------

The only problem is the audio interface, I installed the ALC 1150 but it's still not recognized (this driver don't create a kernel panic).

If you have any idea how can I make the audio work, please leave a comment.

Thanks!

Yes!! I've been waiting and praying for this!

thankyou for being brave and testing the board without any guarantee of it working! (;

Do you have any bootloader at all? I am planning to dualboot Windows 7 and OS X...

Yes, I have chimera, in step 5 you will copy the boot loader from your usb... so no need of USB to boot.

I don't have Windows. I'll install it later and I'll post an update.

Yesterday I updated my BIOS to 0506 (don't know why..), and my system started to freeze, today I downgraded it back to 0401 and after 30 minutes of osx It didn't crashed anymore. It may solved the problem but I'm not totally sure. I'll post updates about this also.

The onboard audio is still not working. I have an external audio card on usb that's working.

Dual booting is working without any extra effort. I just plugged in a HDD with windows...

if the Gene works, i dont see why the hero shouldn't im going to do what you said with my M7H, ill post my results . Thanks! been looking for something like this for a while

well i think i got a kernel panic... it says a freed zone element has been modified: expected 0xdeadbeef deadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef00000000, bits changed 0xdeadbeef at offset 16 or 32 in zone: kalloc.32 @/sourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.100
Debugger Called <panic>
Backtrace (CPU5), Frame: Return address
... then a bunch of letters and numbers

EDIT: nevermind it works now... just restarted it again it just worked, literally didnt touch a thing

[FONT=Georgia, Bitstream Charter, serif]Hey Bootlegllama, that's great news!

Did you had to turn off your LAN before you installed the multibeast drivers ? Is your audio working?
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Bitstream Charter, serif]Also I think it's recommended to install this: [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Bitstream Charter, serif]Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 TRIM Patch[/FONT]

dude i followed these step but i was stucked with apple logo. Do you know how to fix this dude? thanks.

I confirm it works (not yet the audio).

My build:

- z97 Maximus Gene VII mainboard
- 4770K i7 CPU
- EVGA 780 Supercloked
- Samsung SSD

--------------------------------------

1. make an osx install usb with Unibeast.
2. go to BIOS > Advanced > Onboard devices and disable Intel LAN (you will activate it later)
3. go to BIOS > BOOT and change from Windows UEFI to Other OS
4. plug in your usb, install osx.
5. don't start multi beast yet! follow "Boot directly from the Root Drive without using the USB" from this article: http://noberoi.wordpress.com/2013/1...tel-pc-with-asus-maximus-vi-gene-_hacknt0sh_/
6. get the last version of multi beast and:
- go to drivers and select network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a (LAN drivers...)
- click Build & reset your computer
7. go to BIOS and activate your Intel LAN

Now your OsX should work.

---------------------------------

The only problem is the audio interface, I installed the ALC 1150 but it's still not recognized (this driver don't create a kernel panic).

If you have any idea how can I make the audio work, please leave a comment.

Thanks!

dude i followed these steps but i was stucked with apple logo. Do you have any idea dude how to fix this? Thanks

Have you tried -v to try and work out where your system hangs?

Have you tried PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=1 if you're using your 780 for graphics?

Have you tried removing your 780 and using HD4600 to install (There is a guide here on TonyMac for that) and then reinstall your 780 later?

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back