Contribute
Register

Asus ROG Maximus Gene VII z97 - WORKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, sorry for my late reply.

Do you have exactly my configuration? If not, try to disable all on board devices from bios, also remove every other card but not the gpu if you have a compatible one. Then restart and if it works, activate everything you disabled one by one till you find the incompatibility.

I was stuck at apple logo before I disabled the LAN card... if you boot with -v you'll also see why you get the kernel panic.

;)

Awesome. After searching and asking around I get a good answer thanks for the help I am buying these parts as soon as I can and can't wait to get my new computer up and running.

Have you tried -v to try and work out where your system hangs?

Have you tried PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=1 if you're using your 780 for graphics?

Have you tried removing your 780 and using HD4600 to install (There is a guide here on TonyMac for that) and then reinstall your 780 later?

good luck

dude I finally installed mac os I used the boot flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x -v maxmem=4096 but still I have a problem, I can't boot to mac os without using flash drive and during the apple logo loading there's an panic error.

Couldn't get it to work I am trying to do the code stuff in the link you added but I am having a hard time working with it. it won't go past the start of the code you do with multibeat mainly this code.
> cd /Volumes/UnibeastUSB/usr/standalone/i386
> sudo -s
<enter your password>
> fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
> dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1
> cp boot /Volumes/EFI
I can't get the first bit to work it says it doesn't exist even when I use the right name of my usb drive. I have had so many problems with that I'll hope I can find a fix soon.

Hi Duzit
what did you do about sleep wake problems with the Asus. I have same setup - all working great. But won't sleep, and monitor won't wake to anything other than black screen
Cheers

I used the clover bootloader from multibeast and it worked fine

I noticed at the beginning of the video you had Bluetooth enabled and working. Are you using a separate network card? Or is everything working native?

I guess this question can be expanded out to everyone in this thread... Are you guys experiencing any issues with Bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back